+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Yes, i posted earlier that i have received a call from PP office to update reference yesterday. After updating, they are going to send for printing and i should receive PP in 5-10 business days at max.

CC charged on 7 march. How about u?
Great! Congrats to you. Nothing as yet for me. I wonder what's going on. Tried sending status request but no response. Calling is absurd as there are always millions of people queued up ahead of me.

Last edited:
Reactions: ftahir

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Passport received today. Here is an updated timeline:

- Application Sent: February 5th 2022
- Application Delivered: February 9th 2022
- Online Status Request: February 27th 2022
- CC Charged: March 2nd 2022 (Description: SC Passport Varennes)
- Online Status Response: March 9th 2022 (Tracking details of passport was provided in response)
- Passport Issue Date: March 8th 2022
- Passport + Citizenship Certificate Received: March 11th 2022 (Same envelope)

All the best everyone...
Congrats. They seem to have changed things by sending tracking numbers with update emails. Did they call the guarantor/references?

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
Great! Congrats to you. Nothing as yet for me. I wonder what's going on. Tried sending status request but no response. Calling is absurd as there are always millions of people queued up ahead of me.
Its ok, just wait and relax. If you sent a webform request, they will contact you. I sent on 24 Feb and got response on 3rd March.

TokyoH

Star Member
Mar 10, 2021
Did anybody tried walking in any Service Canada office for passport application recently?
I did apply via mail-in. However, the day before yesterday I went to Service Canada office in my city for another purpose, I saw some people just walked in (without appointment). The security guy just asked if they wanted to wait until they have a spare lot (after they clear off those with appointment). Some waited and were accepted after 1-2 hours. It could vary from each Service Canada office.

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
hi All,

has in person appointments started now for passport, given the mask mandates and restrictions getting lifted ?
It looks like it. But appointments may take a while. Like in 20 or so days if you are willing to wait. Otherwise, you might be able to walk-in but again you have to wait 1-2 hours.

Reactions: alexpolis007

CaBeaver

Champion Member
Dec 15, 2018
Is CC charge an indication everything is OK? My application was sent about 3 weeks ago, and still no CC charge :rolleyes: I saw people who applied with or after me getting their CC charged already. I wonder if this is a cause of worry

regalkp123

Star Member
Apr 12, 2021
Is CC charge an indication everything is OK? My application was sent about 3 weeks ago, and still no CC charge :rolleyes: I saw people who applied with or after me getting their CC charged already. I wonder if this is a cause of worry
My application was received by Passport office on Feb 08, still no CC has been charged.

Did you had guarantor or you got statutory deceleration form from notary? (In my view that could only be the reason as I have called them several time for the reason and they told me every application is different)?

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Some people get their credit card charged 4-5 weeks after and everything is fine