NOC Code......
AOR Received.
26-08-2016
Update: CC charged
Application sent: Feb 7
Application reached: Feb 9
CC charged: March 9
Passport received: God knows

Finally, after 30 days since the application reached them, I got my credit card charged for me and my son.
Outrageously slow and ineffective. (20 business days processing time is an absolute bull crap) With that speed I assume it will take another couple of weeks to get the passport.
One thing noticed: Application was sent to Gatineau, but CC charge shows "Passport, Whitby". Why in the world it would end up there? I live in North York (Toronto). I assume this is an another example of their total disorganization, stupidity and waste of resources and our time. Damn it.
Wow ..congratulations . Finally your file moved :)

No response to my online status request till date. I called them yesterday and after 1.15 Hours the lady told me they have received my application and is under examination. No ETA provided.

With your "Whitby " remark ...I think my application must be flying somewhere near my home Passport Office and hence delayed. Hope my number will come soon Fingers crossed.

The funny thing I notice is I tried calling them 3-4 times before my final call ( and disconnected after seeing huge queue ) ... every time there were 339-379 callers ahead of me ( always greater than 330 and ending in 9 ) ...dont know its real or some fake AI system put in place to keep only genuine callers waiting patiently. But yes , it was not so bad as they were communicating every 2 mins how many callers are still there and the lady on the call was very polite and apologetic for the delays due to high volume :)

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Wow ..congratulations . Finally your file moved :)

No response to my online status request till date. I called them yesterday and after 1.15 Hours the lady told me they have received my application and is under examination. No ETA provided.

With your "Whitby " remark ...I think my application must be flying somewhere near my home Passport Office and hence delayed. Hope my number will come soon Fingers crossed.

The funny thing I notice is I tried calling them 3-4 times before my final call ( and disconnected after seeing huge queue ) ... every time there were 339-379 callers ahead of me ( always greater than 330 and ending in 9 ) ...dont know its real or some fake AI system put in place to keep only genuine callers waiting patiently. But yes , it was not so bad as they were communicating every 2 mins how many callers are still there and the lady on the call was very polite and apologetic for the delays due to high volume :)
Hi, thanks for getting back. I called them 2 days ago, 405 people ahead of me, after 1.30 min wait managed to talk to a guy. He shamelessly claimed that the processing time is 25 business days and my file is under review and there will be another couple of weeks before I can get my passport. I told them that I will be filing a complaint. Which I did. They are really incompetent and lazy and know that they won't be held accountable for their laziness and inaction. Screw them.

Reactions: taekwondo

eager

Jul 20, 2015
Hi, thanks for getting back. I called them 2 days ago, 405 people ahead of me, after 1.30 min wait managed to talk to a guy. He shamelessly claimed that the processing time is 25 business days and my file is under review and there will be another couple of weeks before I can get my passport. I told them that I will be filing a complaint. Which I did. They are really incompetent and lazy and know that they won't be held accountable for their laziness and inaction. Screw them.
Same thing for me. Application received on Feb 14. no sign of CC charged. I called and after a strenuous 1.5 hours of trying to get hold of an agent they give me a generic answer ' file scanned and under examination' . God knows what they mean by that. No timeline specified. It's a mockery , trust me.

Reactions: taekwondo and tgman

tgman

Aug 24, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Hong Kong
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Same thing for me. Application received on Feb 14. no sign of CC charged. I called and after a strenuous 1.5 hours of trying to get hold of an agent they give me a generic answer ' file scanned and under examination' . God knows what they mean by that. No timeline specified. It's a mockery , trust me.
You're absolutely right-the whole process is a fucking joke.

Last edited:

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
guys, their website says, and I quote:

"You can check the status of your application if you submitted it more than 20 business days ago.
If you just applied, wait at least 20 business days before contacting us."

So don't contact them before then unless you absolutely need to. 20 business days is 4 full weeks

• Love
Reactions: mpsqra

eager

Jul 20, 2015
guys, their website says, and I quote:

"You can check the status of your application if you submitted it more than 20 business days ago.
If you just applied, wait at least 20 business days before contacting us."

So don't contact them before then unless you absolutely need to. 20 business days is 4 full weeks
Thank you Cruz, point taken. But on the other hand their status page quotes- Application status should be available 10 business days after you submit an application. If you applied in person at a Passport Program office, the status should be available in 5 business days.
Which means we are encouraged to call after 10 business days. I hope they could speed up the process a bit, lot of us are holding off to our travel plans which is already delayed.

Reactions: nasadadadsa

c.cruz91

Star Member
Sep 26, 2018
Winnipeg, MB
Thank you Cruz, point taken. But on the other hand their status page quotes- Application status should be available 10 business days after you submit an application. If you applied in person at a Passport Program office, the status should be available in 5 business days.
Which means we are encouraged to call after 10 business days. I hope they could speed up the process a bit, lot of us are holding off to our travel plans which is already delayed.
no, they're not encouraging you. That's simply a note indicating that after 10 business days they probably have scanned your application, so they should (not will) be able to give an update. They're not saying "contact us after 10 days and we will give you an update". It's just that after 10 business days they should have some information on your case.

eager

Jul 20, 2015
no, they're not encouraging you. That's simply a note indicating that after 10 business days they probably have scanned your application, so they should (not will) be able to give an update. They're not saying "contact us after 10 days and we will give you an update". It's just that after 10 business days they should have some information on your case.
Well, you can follow the website , I would like to follow this :) Thanks

redherring

Star Member
Apr 18, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Yes
App. Filed.......
20-01-2017
AOR Received.
06-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-01-2017
Interview........
23-01-2018
LANDED..........
23-01-2018
The passport application takes 20 to 25 business days including the return delivery time. Even if your mailman is lazy (ours never delivers anything) and just sends it directly to the pick-up point, it would still likely be less than 25 days.

The hotline is flooded and some people with issues with their applications or need passport urgently would have a hard time getting help. If you’re not traveling soon, I’d suggest to use the webform instead and they take about 7 business days to get back to you. They email or call you if they need more information so it’s just easier to wait than stressing over it (hard to do as I’m also stressing over it).

Here’s my timeline:
Feb 7 shipped out via Xpresspost
Feb 9 delivered to Passport Program
March 3 CC charged
March 4 original documents shipped out
March 7 passport shipped out
March 9 (20th business day if Family Day is excluded, 19th business day) passport should’ve arrived but the parcel was not processed until March 8
March 10 passport was supposed to be delivered but lazy mailman just left a note instead of making a delivery, it’s now on it’s way to the pick-up point and probably available for pick up tomorrow

ftahir

Star Member
Oct 26, 2012
Lahore
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb-2010
Doc's Request.
May-2010
AOR Received.
Oct-2010
IELTS Request
Along with Application
File Transfer...
Mar-2011
Med's Request
Nov-2013
Med's Done....
5-Dec-2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
PPR-1 on 10-Jan-2014
LANDED..........
Hopefully in Aug 14
I have received a call from passport office today.

She was asking to change the reference name as brother cannot be a reference. So she takes other reference details and said everything looks fine in the application. You will get in PP in next 5-10 business days.

App Filed: 14 Feb
Delivered: 15 Feb
CC Charged: 7 Mar

Hopefully, by start of next week.

QueenPeaches

Star Member
Jun 10, 2021
Did anybody tried walking in any Service Canada office for passport application recently?
Not tried a walk-in, but yesterday I got a call in response to my online booking request. On Sunday, I had tried to book an appointment at the Toronto Passport office.
The rep said that only urgent requests can be attended to at the passport office and since my request is not urgent I would be directed to a Service Ontario office.
She tried to book me at the College street Sevice Ontario and said that the earliest appointment available is 30 March.

Reactions: berabad

akhil5293

Sep 8, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
Yes
Passport Req..
15-12-16
VISA ISSUED...
21-12-16
LANDED..........
30-12-16
Hey guys I need help I just received my passport after a long wait but they fucked up my name they misspell my name, I need a passport urgently how do I get this fixed please