+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Update: my application was approved and is being printed! it should be in the mail soon, no tracking number yet.
Yay, congrats! I finally got mine today. The whole process (via mail) took a bit less than a month. My timeline for anyone wondering:

Passport application sent: October 26th
Application received: October 28th
CC charged: Nov 15th
Passport printed and mailed out: Nov 19th
Passport received today: Nov 24th

princecharles77

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
Yay, congrats! I finally got mine today. The whole process (via mail) took a bit less than a month. My timeline for anyone wondering:

thanks! congrats to you too, that's fantastic! ❤

Reactions: Ellasky

Ace2000

Star Member
Dec 4, 2014

Congrats @Ellasky

I have exactly the same timeline as yours, my card was charged on Nov 17th, when I call them all they say is it's in process and it can take from 1- 3 months to receive it. My Guarantor nor my references have received any confirmation call yet. Did they called your Guarantors/ References?
I am planning to travel on Dec 15th and getting a bit worried now.

wudifxb

Star Member
Apr 9, 2018
passport office: Regina
Passport drop off (No-appointment, walk in ): Nov 05
CC charged: Nov 9
Passport received ( pick up): Nov 24
I work nearby passport office, agent called asking if I would like to pick up, pick up fee waived.

Khans96

Star Member
Jun 15, 2021
passport office: Regina
Passport drop off (No-appointment, walk in ): Nov 05
CC charged: Nov 9
Passport received ( pick up): Nov 24
I work nearby passport office, agent called asking if I would like to pick up, pick up fee waived.
Passport office or Service Canada receiving agent?

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Congrats @Ellasky

I have exactly the same timeline as yours, my card was charged on Nov 17th, when I call them all they say is it's in process and it can take from 1- 3 months to receive it. My Guarantor nor my references have received any confirmation call yet. Did they called your Guarantors/ References?
I am planning to travel on Dec 15th and getting a bit worried now.
No they didn't call any of my references/guarantor. If you have travel plans for next month I would call again by Friday and ask for an update. You can also let them know you'll be travelling soon and they may speed up your application!

Reactions: Ace2000

Grand Jumper

Star Member
Mar 7, 2021
They called my guarantor today and asked a lot of weird questions, such as my height, my weight, how long I have been in Canada, and I'm not sure my guarantor gave the correct answers. I'm worried.

Danielbbb

Jul 2, 2021
Is the mail out date on the receipt at the time of in person submission accurate or have there been instances of inaccuracy in the past ?

Reactions: rhi