+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport - Mail-In Application Timelines

citappmr2006

Star Member
Mar 7, 2020
Dropped off application 22oct, credit card charged 4th nov. Got my passport today 12nov21. I applied in toronto. So just about 3weeks for processing regular application. Although I put travel dates for decemeber dont know if that made it fast

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dropped off application 22oct, credit card charged 4th nov. Got my passport today 12nov21. I applied in toronto. So just about 3weeks for processing regular application. Although I put travel dates for decemeber dont know if that made it fast
My Passport application was thru Mail.My credit card was charged on Oct 5 and i had my passport in my hand on Oct 15.Just for your information.
Nice! Congrats to you both.

did u guys get the passport and Citizenship certificate together or separate? And the passport arrived directly in mailbox or had to pick up from the nearest Canada Post centre?

Torontosingh

Apr 28, 2021
Nice! Congrats to you both.

did u guys get the passport and Citizenship certificate together or separate? And the passport arrived directly in mailbox or had to pick up from the nearest Canada Post centre?
Citizenship Certificate arrived one day before and next day passport. I called passport program and took tracking number for both passport and citizenship certificate, would suggest to call passport program for status on passport application .Canada post left notice in mail box for both and i called Canada post customer service and located my passport and citizenship certificate at nearest shoppers drug mart Canada post office and picked from there.

mehtab007

Star Member
Jan 22, 2012
India
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Citizenship Certificate arrived one day before and next day passport. I called passport program and took tracking number for both passport and citizenship certificate, would suggest to call passport program for status on passport application .Canada post left notice in mail box for both and i called Canada post customer service and located my passport and citizenship certificate at nearest shoppers drug mart Canada post office and picked from there.
Great! Thanks for sharing.

But, in my case… when I called the Passport line on Wednesday Nov 10… despite my CC being charged on Nov 05th.. it’s still in process… no updates.. has not been sent / no tracking number yet.. and was told may take upto 2 months from the date they received the application.

I guess.. we just have to be positive and keep waiting.

CherryKa

Aug 2, 2014
Great! Thanks for sharing.

But, in my case… when I called the Passport line on Wednesday Nov 10… despite my CC being charged on Nov 05th.. it’s still in process… no updates.. has not been sent / no tracking number yet.. and was told may take upto 2 months from the date they received the application.

I guess.. we just have to be positive and keep waiting.
Sorry to hear that, mate. Where did you apply at?

princecharles77

Star Member
Feb 15, 2020
when did you call for your tracking numbers?

Ellasky

Star Member
Jul 28, 2019
Is CC charged means they are working on your application?
Based on other people's timelines yeah it means they are working on it. From what I can see they usually mail the passport within a week or so after the charge, but based on the new timeline the agent provided me (6-8 weeks total), it could take longer.

paulard

Feb 18, 2016
My small contribution as I reach the end of the journey:

- Family of 4 from Ontario
- Package sent by mail to Gatineau on Oct 22
- Received there on Oct 25
- Credit Card charged Oct 27
- Received Certificates and Passports back in the same envelope today Nov 15 - XpressPost, delivered at my door.

I had a travel date in my application for middle of December.

Good luck to all!