Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
03-11-2015
LANDED..........
20-11-2015
does it take longer to print a passport at Service Canada than a Passport Office?
I applied in mid Oct and called the passport office, they said it's not processed and ask me to wait. It's 2 months already, and even some ppl applied 2 weeks after got the passport. Damn!

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
I applied in mid Oct and called the passport office, they said it's not processed and ask me to wait. It's 2 months already, and even some ppl applied 2 weeks after got the passport. Damn!
This is why I insisted on in-person pickup.

canvisa13

Nov 21, 2019
any one submitted in-person passport application with in GTA? (Toronto, Scarbro, offices) recently? Do they accept walk-in applications without any travel proof? Thanks

ziyoufeixiang

Star Member
Feb 25, 2016
any one submitted in-person passport application with in GTA? (Toronto, Scarbro, offices) recently? Do they accept walk-in applications without any travel proof? Thanks
was there in the north york office this morning. Lots of walk-ins in the morning but there were only a few people around 12.
Maybe you can try this office

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Thanks. will give it a try. I hope they accept without travel proof.
I strongly suggest making an appointment and saving yourself the aggro and uncertainty of waiting. I got in without an appointment (in Montreal), but it absorbed a good 3+ hours of my time just sitting, whilst I was watching those with an appointment saunter right up and get in. I filled out a form for an appointment request thinking I wouldn't get in that day and they called me back that evening - I say give it a shot.

Reactions: canvisa13

MartinT

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Montreal
IELTS Request
N/A
Just got our passports this afternoon.

Here is our complete timeline:

Office: MONTREAL
Application Type: Family (2 Adults and 1 55+ years old)
Application Sent: June 4, 2020
AOR: October 9, 2020
In Process: January 13, 2021
BV, PP, and LS: Completed (May 28, 2021)
Test Invite: August 16, 2021
Test Done: August 27, 2021
Test Completed (in the tracker): August 30, 2021
Prohibitions: Completed (August 30, 2021)
ECAS status: Decision Made (August 31, 2021)
Ceremony: October 28, 2021
Tracker: Closed (November 4, 2021)
Certificate Received: November 10, 2021
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Passport Application: Regular Processing - No Travel date provided.
In Person Appointment (Service Canada): November 15,2021
Application Approved and Printed: December 14,2021
Passports Sent: December 15, 2021
Passports Received: December 17, 2021 Via Canada Post Xpresspost

Yahoo_India

Star Member
Jun 10, 2014
Hi Team, I am planning to apply for urgent passport, in person application tomorrow (Monday). I have got an urgent unplanned trip coming up on Dec 24th. I wanted to clarify one thing. Do we need to provide copy of ID document with guarantor's signature? Given that its in person and I will be taking all my original documents, do we still need to submit a copy with guarantor's signatures?

Thanks a lot in advance!

jackbauer

Feb 15, 2017
Category........
Other
Hi Team, I am planning to apply for urgent passport, in person application tomorrow (Monday). I have got an urgent unplanned trip coming up on Dec 24th. I wanted to clarify one thing. Do we need to provide copy of ID document with guarantor's signature? Given that its in person and I will be taking all my original documents, do we still need to submit a copy with guarantor's signatures?

Thanks a lot in advance!
Don't need to carry Xerox. You should have the original though.

NMontD

Nov 30, 2016
Hi
I applied in-person December 9th in Montreal and paid the extra $20 to pick it up in-person (Not sure why I have to pay if I'm saving them the postage; that's definitely a head-scratcher). Scheduled pick-up date is 23rd of December - exactly 2 weeks after applying.
Hi @chs

When you say In person Montreal means, Is that Service canada office or Passport office(like downtown, Saint-Laurent or Point Claire) ? Also, did you submitted as expedited or urgent ?

I submitted at Service Canada office and they told me that it will be printed an mailed by Jan 17th, 2022... is this normal

chs

Sep 14, 2019
Quebec
Hi

Hi @chs

When you say In person Montreal means, Is that Service canada office or Passport office(like downtown, Saint-Laurent or Point Claire) ? Also, did you submitted as expedited or urgent ?

I submitted at Service Canada office and they told me that it will be printed an mailed by Jan 17th, 2022... is this normal
I did a literal walk-in in the service center of 200 Rene Levesque West. I didn't ask for any special handling of my passport other than to pick it up in person. She said 10 business days, which, if memory serves, would be "standard" handling.

I can't attest to the dates that Service Canada gave you. I was more or less fed up with waiting, so I did as much as possible in person to cut down on waiting times as much as humanly possible.

Hope this helps.

johnbro

Star Member
Jul 17, 2014
I got my Citizenship Certificate (Oath dec 3rd, Online application date closed status is Dec 10th )

I had a question regarding passport application, I don't have a guarantor so got the Statuary Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor Form from passport office and I need to provide addresses for the past 5 years. Anyway, even for the 2 years address history on passport application I would like to know if I can provide the address I used for my citizenship application or where I actually lived.

I gave my family friends address for citizenship as I did not want to update if I moved and to ensure the mails are not lost as I lived in rooms mostly with other guys.

Do passport services check Service Ontario reported addresses which i have updated as I moved ? Anyone with this situation or if there's a recommendation on the address to use for my passport and guarantor forms?

Thanks