+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
2024-03-26 applied in person at a Passport Office -- regular service; tracker status says "received application & processing" the same evening
2024-04-09 item accepted by Canada Post
2024-04-10 tracker status updated to "passport has been printed & mailed" and provided CP tracking number
No calls to guarantor or references. Mail out date on receipt is 04-11

• Wow
Reactions: adstarscream732

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
Managed to call the passport line today, they said passports had been printed but not picked up by canada post yet. We are now on the 26th business day since applying.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Just applied today at a Passport office in person. Got the reference number. Lets see how long it takes.

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
Hi everyone, just got our Citizenship and we want to apply for Passport. Just a couple questions because I’m a little lost.

1- For those who applied in-person for regular service, I see that many got it within 2-3 weeks. Did you have to pay any extra fees to get it thag fast? (How much did you pay?)

2- Also what day/time is best to go? Would it be too busy in the afternoon?

3- What is the fastest location near Milton/Mississuaga
Thanks! Appreciate it!

Last edited:

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
I applied in person at the Passport Office on Queenston road, Hamilton today. Overall, it was a hassle-free experience. Went in without an appointment at 9 AM and was out of the office by 10 AM.

Reactions: adstarscream732

fallcolours

Star Member
Oct 19, 2017
Hi everyone, just got our Citizenship and we want to apply for Passport. Just a couple questions because I’m a little lost.

1- For those who applied in-person for regular service, I see that many got it within 2-3 weeks. Did you have to pay any extra fees to get it thag fast? (How much did you pay?)

Thanks! Appreciate it!
1 - Typical service standard is 10 to 20 business days for processing + additional time required for the mail delivery.
You can opt for Express pickup (2 - 9 business days) for $50 or Urgent pickup (next business day) for $110 if you need it faster.

2 - You can check the link below for estimated wait times for an office near your location
https://ircc.canada.ca/english/passport/map/map.asp
Click on the link "Check office details and walk-in wait times" for each office.

3 - Click on the link "Delivery by mail" for each office for the service standards.

arun_canpr

Star Member
Apr 27, 2019
I applied for my family(2 adults and 1 kid) at Service Canada Markham on Mar 19. My wife got a verification call couple of days later and her passport was mailed on Mar 28, received on April 2nd. Mine and my kids are still pending... Expected mail out date is Apr 18. I have a travel in May 1st week - I understand I have time, but is it worth visiting any passport office now to request for expediting?
Reached out to 800 number, agent let us know that passport is approved for both me n my kid and expected to be sent out for mailing shortly - Asked us to track it on website. Hoping we get it next week.

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
I took my oath yesterday and got my citizenship e-certificate within 6 hours, and today I went to the Mississauga passport office (Central Parkway Mall) and was able to submit a passport application for a family of 4 members. This is a completely unexpected trip for me. This office always has a 2-3 hour wait time, so I was prepared and went around 1 PM, and I was the last person (super happy; otherwise, I lost hope and was ready to come back next week) whom they allowed to enter at 3:58 PM EST, and within 10 minutes I was out with reference numbers for all 4 applications.

They were offering appointments for Service Canada's nearby locations and also re-newal applicants; they put them in separate lines, and they were much quicker.

If you are planning to go to the to the Mississauga office, then consider 3–4 hours of overall time; prefer to go between Tuesday to Thursday for slightly less time.

Thanks! Appreciate it!

qwertyasdf

Star Member
Oct 19, 2021
I took my oath yesterday and got my citizenship e-certificate within 6 hours, and today I went to the Mississauga passport office (Central Parkway Mall) and was able to submit a passport application for a family of 4 members. This is a completely unexpected trip for me. This office always has a 2-3 hour wait time, so I was prepared and went around 1 PM, and I was the last person (super happy; otherwise, I lost hope and was ready to come back next week) whom they allowed to enter at 3:58 PM EST, and within 10 minutes I was out with reference numbers for all 4 applications.

They were offering appointments for Service Canada's nearby locations and also re-newal applicants; they put them in separate lines, and they were much quicker.

If you are planning to go to the to the Mississauga office, then consider 3–4 hours of overall time; prefer to go between Tuesday to Thursday for slightly less time.
Thank you so much! Are you going to pick it up or will they mail it to you? And did they say how long it will take?