+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Mitya-kun

Star Member
Feb 6, 2019
Hello Friends,
Congrats who are on the way to get their Canadian passport.

We are in also queue to submit passport application, but have some questions:
1. Indian passport place of birth (POB) mentioned as "Village Name, District Name, State Name" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: India and State will be blank, as it is mainly for US and Canada states)
2, US passport (for kids) place of bither (POB) mentioned as "State Name, USA" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: USA and State: NY)
3. How the place of birth get printed on passport - based on "Place of Birth" + "Country" + "State" or only "Place of Birth" mention on passport application?

Can someone please help.
They will write there whatever you put on the PPTC 153 form. Just open it and check out what is asked... in Place of birth section they ask for a city, a country and a state (if any). If you choose India in Country, the state field becomes inactive.

Rsbh93

Jun 18, 2021
All same here except we applied in person at the 74 Victoria Street Passport Office, supposed to be mailed 2 days ago, online status says we're processing only for last two days, before it was we are not able to give you updates or something like that
Yeah I don't know what's happening, it's 1st April and status is same, maybe they've not even mailed them yet :(

Mum2Can

Star Member
Apr 1, 2021
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
01-10-2020
Med's Done....
13-11-2020
They will write there whatever you put on the PPTC 153 form. Just open it and check out what is asked... in Place of birth section they ask for a city, a country and a state (if any). If you choose India in Country, the state field becomes inactive.
Thanks, I'm following PPTC 153 for adult and PPTC 155 kids but as I mentioned the way it is mentioned in Indian passport POB is with city/village, district, state hence need guidance how other fellow members are done and printed on canadian passport. same case applicable for US born kids passport application.

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Yeah I don't know what's happening, it's 1st April and status is same, maybe they've not even mailed them yet :(
Yeah, still no update or anything

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Hello Friends,
Congrats who are on the way to get their Canadian passport.

We are in also queue to submit passport application, but have some questions:
1. Indian passport place of birth (POB) mentioned as "Village Name, District Name, State Name" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: India and State will be blank, as it is mainly for US and Canada states)
2, US passport (for kids) place of bither (POB) mentioned as "State Name, USA" so in Canadian Passport application what should go on "place of birth" (for Country field it will be: USA and State: NY)
3. How the place of birth get printed on passport - based on "Place of Birth" + "Country" + "State" or only "Place of Birth" mention on passport application?

@Suryarao611 , @pumpkin_latte , @desmat , @armoured , @Temitee002
Expert member please provide your input.
Write place of birth exactly as per the old passport.

Reactions: Mum2Can
Aug 7, 2021
I also did apply same North York in person on March 14 . I called up customer care and seems there was issue at North York office so they forwarded all cases to Thunder bay. Hence the delay.

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
I applied in person on March 5th, still not anything but "we've received your application and our processing it" fingers crossed that changes this week. Anybody else apply around this time?

adstarscream732

May 6, 2019
Couple quick questions -
1. What time should I go to Hamilton Mountain Passport Office? We have an appointment at 1 PM.
2. Can I submit an application on behalf of my partner?
Alright, so had an appointment today at 1 PM - Hamilton Mountain Passport Office - and reached there at 12:10 PM was out at 12:30 PM. The wait time there was 2 hours 30 minutes and so many people were waiting. Having an appointment definitely helps.

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
I applied in person on March 5th, still not anything but "we've received your application and our processing it" fingers crossed that changes this week. Anybody else apply around this time?
I applied March 4th, called them last week and they said it was approved, called today again and still approved. They are extremely slow at this point.

Did you call them?

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
I applied March 4th, called them last week and they said it was approved, called today again and still approved. They are extremely slow at this point.

Did you call them?
Wow! Crazy stuff! I haven't rang them yet, as I just wanted for it to exceed one month (given it was Easter too, figured it would be slightly delayed) I will keep you posted! Has your online tracker changed at all?

shomaro

Jan 6, 2020
Here is my timeline of passport:

Type: Standard pickup (10 business days)

Submitted at a passport office on Mar 22, after queuing for about 1.5hrs.

Receipt says to pick up passport on or after April 9.

Passport status became "Approved" on Mar 26.

Went to pickup on Apr 3 and it's ready there.

Reactions: Mitya-kun

mbaleine

Mar 13, 2019
Looking at some of these passport timelines reminds me yet again of the inconsistency in the processing speed of citizenship applications themselves. As someone else said it so well in another thread, the R in IRCC really stands for RANDOM ☹

Solid_Rock

Star Member
Jan 13, 2024
Canada
Category........
Other
My advice to anyone applying for passport (fresh or renewal), stay away from Service Canada with no passport office, except you have no choice of going to a Passport Office and can wait for one month or more to receive your passport. If you do have a choice, please apply directly at the passport office, it's faster and seamless. Service Canada with no passport office will normally receive your application and forward it to a passport office for processing - the delays in-between transit contribute to the processing times (the reason they tell you 20 business days or more). I understand that not everyone can access passport office due to their locations, but like I said, if you have a choice, passport office will be your sure bet. But then again, you could be lucky to receive it sooner if you apply at Service Canada, but not guaranteed

WhiteMocha

Mar 16, 2021
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
AOR Received.
15-05-2021
LANDED..........
14-12-2018
Okay, I got my passport today, I applied on March 13 from 74 Victoria St, Toronto, with my wife. We've applied together, I've received mine today, but my wife's status is still "We are processing...", how does this make sense?

smithy2024

Star Member
Jan 2, 2024
I just spent 2 hours on hold to service canada (passport line ), only to get told they can't help me and forwarded me to another line for another 30 minutes, then I hung up.