+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

pumpkin_latte

Oct 17, 2019
Toronto
Category........
FSW
Will Canada POst deliver the passport to your mailbox, or will they drop it off at a post office and we have to go and collect after showing ID proof?

Reactions: desmat

Aryasen00

Dec 26, 2023
Will Canada POst deliver the passport to your mailbox, or will they drop it off at a post office and we have to go and collect after showing ID proof?
Someone needs to be present above 18 years of age at home to receive it. Its express delivery mail with signature required.

I was not at home so had to go to canada post to collect it.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Depends on your postman.. Our postman does not come to home for passport and neither drops it in mailbox. He drops it at nearest canada post pickup point.. Irony was He delivered another bigger package at home after he put notice in my mailbox for pickup for passport from nearby pickup center in my mailbox..

Aryasen00

Dec 26, 2023
Depends on your postman.. Our postman does not come to home for passport and neither drops it in mailbox. He drops it at nearest canada post pickup point.. Irony was He delivered another bigger package at home after he put notice in my mailbox for pickup for passport from nearby pickup center in my mailbox..
Interesting.. in my case it came to my house and put notice on door

Canadian Snowbird

Star Member
Oct 6, 2023
I have a question for experts, Can someone apply for a Canadian passport in another province than the resident province, This person has to go to Ontario for a month from Saskatchewan after 3 days of the oath ceremony and plan to apply for a passport in Ontario. Is it doable or will it face some problems? Thank you in advance for your insights.

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I have a question for experts, Can someone apply for a Canadian passport in another province than the resident province, This person has to go to Ontario for a month from Saskatchewan after 3 days of the oath ceremony and plan to apply for a passport in Ontario. Is it doable or will it face some problems? Thank you in advance for your insights.
There is no restriction. You can apply from anywhere within Canada.

Reactions: pumpkin_latte

dnell

Jun 23, 2017
I applied for my daughter's passport in person at Service Canada Passport Centre in South Surrey on Feb 01. I opted for pick up option and was given Feb 15th pick up date. Today, I see that the status of her application has been approved. Will SC allow pick up before the due date?

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
I applied for my daughter's passport in person at Service Canada Passport Centre in South Surrey on Feb 01. I opted for pick up option and was given Feb 15th pick up date. Today, I see that the status of her application has been approved. Will SC allow pick up before the due date?
The status should change to printed. 2-3 days after that you can try to pick it up. Many in forum have successfully picked it up before due date.

Reactions: dnell

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Wow just in 3 days .. considering today is Sunday.. you applied normal or express or urgent?

santreddy22

Star Member
Oct 12, 2023
Calgary
Category........
Other
Hi Guys, can anybody tell me if we need to take the passport-size photos again for the passport application? We did this two weeks before the Citizenship application, and it got approved,. So I heard people telling me we must take new photos for the passport application.

Last edited:

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Guys, can anybody tell me if we need to take the passport-size photos again for the passport application? We did this two weeks before the Citizenship application.. Not it got approved, and our Oath got scheduled.. So I heard people telling me we must take new photos for the passport application.
why?
Photos should be taken in last 6months.. there is no connection to Oath.. for my family and I submitted photos taken before oath without any problem..

The day you apply passport, from that date photos should be within last 6months..