+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
Here is my time line
11th Dec 2023 In person Application at Service Ontario Passport center 40 Glingham Drive ,Delivery date mentioned was 27th Dec 2023.
18th Dec 2023: We have received your application and processing it
20th Dec 2023 : Passport Printed and Mailed

Reactions: desmat

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
Do you mean the IDs AND the citizenship certificate or just the IDs as my question is specific to what they do with the paper certificate for an in-person application. Thanks for clarifying.
There is a barcode at the back of citizenship certificate, they scan that and return it , similarly They scan ids for the record

Reactions: R17

hixynewu

Nov 27, 2023
Hi everyone,

Happy holiday season! I have a question regarding my passport application status. I applied in person at a Service Canada - Passport Office on Dec 21st (normal process, no urgent or express) and the online status showed "We have received your application and are now processing it" on Dec 22nd. However, on Dec 23rd, the status shows "We can't give you the application status right now." Is this normal or not?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Here is my time line
11th Dec 2023 In person Application at Service Ontario Passport center 40 Glingham Drive ,Delivery date mentioned was 27th Dec 2023.
18th Dec 2023: We have received your application and processing it
20th Dec 2023 : Passport Printed and Mailed
how many more days when you got the mailed passport? and did you really apply for normal processing that yours got shipped earlier?

also did they call any of your guarantor or references?

Vikyad

Feb 11, 2019
how many more days when you got the mailed passport? and did you really apply for normal processing that yours got shipped earlier?

also did they call any of your guarantor or references?
Guaranteed time is 2 business day for delivery via Canada post, I received notice in my mail box next day on 21st and I had to go to canada post office with my ID to collect my passport.

It was through normal processing , they did not call anyone to check.

Reactions: desmat

**OZ**

Jan 8, 2024
Hello ! I did a walk in on Dec 27th for a Canadian citizen renewal. It was just a regular service Canada with a 20 day service. Current status states that it is processing. I have a non-refundable trip booked February 16. Any thoughts on the usual wait times ? It took me a month to get the walk in appointment. I know I can request an urgent passport closer to the date. Any words of wisdom?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello ! I did a walk in on Dec 27th for a Canadian citizen renewal. It was just a regular service Canada with a 20 day service. Current status states that it is processing. I have a non-refundable trip booked February 16. Any thoughts on the usual wait times ? It took me a month to get the walk in appointment. I know I can request an urgent passport closer to the date. Any words of wisdom?
As far as I've seen, they've been sticking to target timelines pretty well recently - so you should expect it before January 20, with plenty of time after that as a buffer. Relax.

**OZ**

Jan 8, 2024
Thank you ! Just wanted to update that the status changed today to “printed and mailed” Jan 12/24’ from original application of Dec 27/23’ there was also a statutory holiday in there as well. Takes a huge load of my mind.

yourshary

Jul 5, 2021
Hi,
I am planning to apply for our passports in person next week at Scarborough towncenter passport office or service Canada. Does anybody recently applied here? How long will be the queue.? What is the best time to go to avoid long waiting time? Accurate timings where can we check about queue?
awaiting reply.

thanks

Kame21

Jan 14, 2024
Quick question: If you submitted 2 applications together(1adult, 1 minor), Do they process them together or one after Another?
The adult's application status is changed from processing to printed and mailed but minor shows still in processing. Does anyone know if they sent the passport together, I believe they do, as both were in printing a couple of days ago.
Got the same situation. 2 adults 1 minor. Only 1 adult status changed to printed and mailed. While the other adult and minor’s status still processing. Did you got all your passports already?

ThenT

Oct 6, 2023
Hi,
My child is turning 16 yrs by Feb first week, I am in the process of getting passport as just received the citizenship certificate yesterday.
Shall I delay for 2 more weeks to apply as adult passport category?
I appreciate all your thoughts.
Thank you

jack150

Star Member
Feb 7, 2016
For urgent/express processing does the passport office call you to say it’s ready? I don’t currently have an active Canadian number as I’ve been living outside Canada and wondering if that will be an issue?

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Anybody recently applied pp with walkin at Brampton passport location.. if yes how much was wait and at what time you went?

Last edited: