+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
Hi, question please. If applying in person walk in, do we have to do anything online prior to going in? what documents do we have to take? Also how does the guarantor stuff work if going in person? Thanks!
Hi all. Sharing my experience applying in-person at the Toronto (74 Victoria St) location today.

Day: Friday, Sept 8 2023
Arrived: 11am. No line outside. Got straight to the waiting room inside the building.
Total time spent there: ~1h45

Passport will be ready for pickup in 14 days.
Hi, questions please. I plan to apply at this location. If applying in person by walk in, do we have to do anything online prior to going in? what documents do we have to take? how does the guarantor stuff work if going in person? Thanks!

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello All,

I recently applied for my first passport and I wanted to share my experience because I didn't use a guarantor and I know that has caused lots of people to be concerned in the past.

I got my citizenship in August 2023. I went to apply for my passport on November 03, 2023. I went to the Scarborough passport office with all my documents. I was there before they opened and spent an hour there.

I received my passport 7 days later (it was the new version). They called 3 of my 4 references. The tracker showed they printed the passport on the 7th of November.

Goodluck to everyone, and don't be discouraged if you don't have a guarantor.

Cheers!

Reactions: desmat

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hi, question please. If applying in person walk in, do we have to do anything online prior to going in? what documents do we have to take? Also how does the guarantor stuff work if going in person? Thanks!

Hi, questions please. I plan to apply at this location. If applying in person by walk in, do we have to do anything online prior to going in? what documents do we have to take? how does the guarantor stuff work if going in person? Thanks!
You have to fill a form which is in PDF format. Once done you have to take a printout and your guarantor will sign on it. He will sign the back of the photos too. Once done you submit in-person and take the document to support your identity and citizenship certificate.

Neyomaa

Apr 1, 2021
You have to fill a form which is in PDF format. Once done you have to take a printout and your guarantor will sign on it. He will sign the back of the photos too. Once done you submit in-person and take the document to support your identity and citizenship certificate.
Thanks! I saw that 3 guarantors are required. Do all 3 have to sign?

Mr_Chang

Star Member
Dec 14, 2018
Can I go in person and submit two applications for me and my family member or does every adult need to submit the application themselves ?

Reactions: desmat

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Can I go in person and submit two applications for me and my family member or does every adult need to submit the application themselves ?
If it’s an urgent or express application, you can't submit it on their behalf.
If it's not urgent or express you can but carry their id's with you.

AnonyKaty

Star Member
Jan 6, 2021
This past month (my first month as a citizen) has been incredibly busy. I haven't been able to apply for my passport until now.

There are no appointments nearby until December 22 but I am hoping to travel before then. I haven't finalized the plans yet.

For walk-ins, what are the best practices? I'm meeting my guarantor tomorrow to sign everything. But like how early should I get to the office? What are things that you wish you had known?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
This past month (my first month as a citizen) has been incredibly busy. I haven't been able to apply for my passport until now.

There are no appointments nearby until December 22 but I am hoping to travel before then. I haven't finalized the plans yet.

For walk-ins, what are the best practices? I'm meeting my guarantor tomorrow to sign everything. But like how early should I get to the office? What are things that you wish you had known?
Haven't reached that stage but from what I have read, when my time comes, I will make sure I arrive as soon as it opens or even earlier considering there might be a long queue and pay the $20 extra fee for my passport pick up.
Track your passport status by
https://etatpasseport-passportstatus.service.canada.ca/en/expectations

Last edited:

Trinizoey

Star Member
Dec 17, 2019
Trinidad and Tobago
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-05-2019
AOR Received.
15-05-2019
Passport Req..
30-01-2020
Guys, i am taking my Oath on the 4th but i booked my travel since March (before i even started my application). i plan on going to the Passport office on the 6th with a request for an expediated passport (next day passport) . has anyone ever done anything like this?

Calgary222

May 15, 2023
Guys, i am taking my Oath on the 4th but i booked my travel since March (before i even started my application). i plan on going to the Passport office on the 6th with a request for an expediated passport (next day passport) . has anyone ever done anything like this?
Only if it's an in-person ceremony you can get your certificate on the spot otherwise your certificate might not be ready so leave some buffer.

engineeredbygod

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Has anyone checked again the status of their passport application?
This is what I am currently seeing now.

We can't give you the application status right now