App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Can another person submit on my behalf, in-person?

Biologia36

Jan 11, 2022
Can another person submit on my behalf, in-person?
Official source: https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/help-centre/apply.html

When applying in person, it’s best that you submit your application yourself. However, if this is not possible, a third party can submit the application if they:

• show identification
  • are 16 years of age or older
  • are your
    • parent
    • child
    • parent's spouse or common-law partner
    • child's spouse or common-law partner
    • brother or sister
    • half-brother or half-sister
    • stepbrother or stepsister
    • spouse or common-law partner
    • relatives of your spouse or common-law partner, including their:
      • parent
      • child
      • parent's spouse or common-law partner
      • child's spouse or common-law partner
      • brother or sister
      • half-brother or half-sister
      • stepbrother or stepsister
In all cases, the passport official must be able to verify the information on the application with the third party. If the third party cannot validate your information, we can refuse your application.
The people in the list above may or may not live at the same address as you. In all cases, the person must show identification. If the identification does not prove that the person lives with you, they must also bring a written statement signed by you, authorizing them to submit your passport application.

Any relative living at your address can also submit an application on your behalf if they:

• are 16 years of age or older
  • show identification that confirms where they live
    • if their identification doesn’t have an address, they will need to show other documentation to prove they live at the same address as you
We do not accept urgent or express applications submitted by a third party”

Ese2014

Mar 11, 2018
Calgary
App. Filed.......
20-07-2018
AOR Received.
20-07-2018
IELTS Request
24-03-2018
Med's Done....
13-07-2018
Hello everyone,

What date is on your certificate? Is it the date it was printed/mailed or the oath ceremony date?

Reactions: Clemency30

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Applied in-person, at Mississauga Service Canada (not the passport office) for my family - 3 adult applications on 09Feb and 1 child's application on 10Feb. Received the child's passport today - 24Feb. So that's 14 days or 8 - 10 business days. Waiting for others....
other (all) passports received 02Mar!

Reactions: Tsteaphen

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Out of curiosity, was your guarantor contacted for verification on any of the passports?

Congrats on completing the Canadian side of the Citizenship journey :)
thanks!

no he wasn't! his guarantor was when he applied for a pp, and same for many of my friends. but in my case, no call/email received by my guarantor. so i guess it is not a standard step in the process.

what's your status - applied?

Reactions: Tsteaphen

Biologia36

Jan 11, 2022
Really easy application process. As always all the information is available on the page of the government of Canada.
I applied in a passport office, no proof of travel and I received it after 5 working days.
Recommendation: review the waiting time (on the passport programe site) before going to the passport office.

https://www.servicecanada.gc.ca/tbsc-fsco/sc-hme.jsp

Apply by mail is a good option if you don't want to spend time in a passport office.

Bravo to the passport program team! !!

Good luck everyone and enjoy the journey :)

Nov 28, 2022
normal service canada (no passport office) passport time 3 weeks all included
2 weeks until print
2 days mail time

ecekid

Star Member
Jun 2, 2013
Anyone know how busy the passport office in Vancouver is? Is it okay If I show up around 1pm? or do I have to line up around 7am?

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Anyone know how busy the passport office in Vancouver is? Is it okay If I show up around 1pm? or do I have to line up around 7am?
I went to the downtown Sinclair passport office on February 28. I arrived at 10am, I was out of there by 11:10am. There were not many people, my passport will be ready for pick up on March 14. You should be good if you arrive at 1pm

Reactions: ecekid

Tsteaphen

Aug 16, 2018
thanks!

no he wasn't! his guarantor was when he applied for a pp, and same for many of my friends. but in my case, no call/email received by my guarantor. so i guess it is not a standard step in the process.

what's your status - applied?
received my passport today.

Submitted application on 27Feb @victoria St. in Express Request. The passport was ready for pickup in 5 business days.

Reactions: 2017CanadaHo!