+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Is there a tracker for passports the way we have one for citizenship applications? I took a cursory glance at a few posts from the past few weeks and it seems like normal processing standards are back? Is this accurate or are these outliers?
I was told in passport office that it could not be tracked. However, when called the Call Centre#, they said they can share the Tracking# once it’s mailed. I have Automatic Tracking enabled in my Canada Post. Not sure if it’d be auto-populated in my app once CP has it in their system. Nothing yet though.

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Hello, we are planning to do a walk-in tomorrow morning to submit our passport application. Can we go to a service canada location as well, or does it have to be a passport office? We live in lower mainland / vancouver area : any suggestions which location is good for walk in?

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Hello, we are planning to do a walk-in tomorrow morning to submit our passport application. Can we go to a service canada location as well, or does it have to be a passport office? We live in lower mainland / vancouver area : any suggestions which location is good for walk in?
If you want it in 10 business day, you should go to service canada-passport. Someone reported here that he went to service canada and they told him it will he ready in 20 business days.

I am planning to walk in on Friday at the passport office on Sinclair in Vancouver

Reactions: Tsteaphen

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
If you want it in 10 business day, you should go to service canada-passport. Someone reported here that he went to service canada and they told him it will he ready in 20 business days.

I am planning to walk in on Friday at the passport office on Sinclair in Vancouver
Ok thanks. I dont need it in 10 business days as such, but Service canada - burnaby & new west are closer to my place when compared to other passport offices. So wondering if there is any advantage going to passport office / as opposed to a Service Canada location?

Reactions: Clemency30

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Ok thanks. I dont need it in 10 business days as such, but Service canada - burnaby & new west are closer to my place when compared to other passport offices. So wondering if there is any advantage going to passport office / as opposed to a Service Canada location?
Passport Office-10 business days
Service Canada-20 business days

Please let me know as it goes

Koushani

Nov 28, 2022
Applied passport in person in Passport Canada on 13th Feb. Mail-out date given as 27th Feb.

Today upon inquiring was told it’s approved but still being processed means it’s not printed yet. Asked me to call back on Friday to get the Tracking#.
Update - Passports were mailed out yesterday. Delivery status went to ‘Delay in delivery due to extreme weather condition’ although today’s weather in Ajax is really good. :D

Anyways, I’d say Passport Canada did GREAT! Passports mailed out in 7 business days !

fswaspirant

Star Member
Apr 29, 2013
Passport Office-10 business days
Service Canada-20 business days

Please let me know as it goes
We went to the Surrey passport office. I went there around 635 , had ~10 folks ahead of me. Was not fun waiting in the cold, but was worth going early. They let us in into a holding area around 750 and got in the first batch once offices opened at 830. We were out by 945. It took a bit longer as we were 4 applicants (2 adults, 2 kids). If its single applicant, should be 15-20 mins faster. Opted for mail delivery. Good luck.

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Do we need photocopies of our ID if we're applying in person? Or can we just show the originals to them at the office and they return it?
You only need copies signed by your guarantor If you are applying by mail. For in person, you show the original ID when asked and they will return it to you.

Hope this helps.

Reactions: armoured

2017CanadaHo!

Nov 18, 2016
Ontario
Category........
Other
Applied in-person, at Mississauga Service Canada (not the passport office) for my family - 3 adult applications on 09Feb and 1 child's application on 10Feb. Received the child's passport today - 24Feb. So that's 14 days or 8 - 10 business days. Waiting for others....

LES1910

Star Member
Jun 23, 2019
Went to 74 Victoria Street, Toronto this morning. Got there at 8am, was number 28 and was out at 9.20. Line starts accumulating v fast after around 8 from what I saw and was well over 100 when I left.

Passport will be mailed to me on March 13th, but in line with the website lots of options to pick up in person sooner, or do express processing if you have proof of travel.

ashrafk

Oct 5, 2012
Calgary
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
LANDED..........
01-06-2019
Passport Applied: Feb 07, 2023 (In-person walk-in at Service Canada - Calgary)
Passport Received: Feb 24, 2023 (Via Post)

At the time of application, the Issue date given was Mar 07, 2023 and approx. delivery date was Mar 14, 2023.

Reactions: Clemency30

Clemency30

Sep 25, 2019
Hi all, I went t the passport office at Sinclair downtown Vancouver today, everything went well. I was in and out within 1hr 30 minutes. My passport will be ready for pick up, March 14

Last edited:
Reactions: rCk and eparker42