+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I am going to apply early next week, need few information, hope you can help.
How long did you have stand in the queue outside the passport office, what time did you line up?
i was there 12.30 pm check my application an get temporary token then sequrtygurd scott yoy 3rd floor get your token sit main waiting aria and out office 1.30 all done standers application my took 10 days becuse long weekend
- if you want urgent right self declaration why i am need urgent passport like for indian visa or other country visa some clerk accept some not if accepted you get passport 2 or 3 working days and charge 50 $ fee 160 passport fee adult 10 years
avoid to drive and friday
-

Reactions: trampoline2022

trampoline2022

Jul 11, 2022
i was there 12.30 pm check my application an get temporary token then sequrtygurd scott yoy 3rd floor get your token sit main waiting aria and out office 1.30 all done standers application my took 10 days becuse long weekend
- if you want urgent right self declaration why i am need urgent passport like for indian visa or other country visa some clerk accept some not if accepted you get passport 2 or 3 working days and charge 50 $ fee 160 passport fee adult 10 years
avoid to drive and friday
-
Thank you for sharing this info. Did you submit the application for yourself and family or family members are required to be present there physically?

CanEEPR

Star Member
Aug 24, 2015
Toronto
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi, I have got the duplicate passport for my son, I have pickup his original passport last month from passport office and today they sent it again. Did someone face it and what is the procedure to return them ?

firstax

Dec 8, 2018
Hi, I have got the duplicate passport for my son, I have pickup his original passport last month from passport office and today they sent it again. Did someone face it and what is the procedure to return them ?
You can go to the office and explain to them. They will most likely take the older one and let you keep the new one

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I finally received my passport in the mail today. Applied at Service Canada in Ottawa on September 26.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We had applied for passport at Service Canada office on 24-Nov. Mail out date given to us is 22-Dec. We had not given any travel dates while applying, however now planning to visit US by road during winter holidays. Does anyone know how we can speed up the process now, to get passports earlier?

wincanton

Star Member
Mar 1, 2018
Waterloo
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
12-02-2018
Doc's Request.
21-02-2018
Nomination.....
07-02-2018
AOR Received.
12-02-2018
Sharing my experience with passport office Kitchener today
I had booked appointment a month before​
Oath certificate took 1 month and received in my mailbox an hour before in-person appointment for 2.30PM​
I had everything ready in forms, sign and photos, I got hold of guarantor and took signature​
Reached office by 2.25PM, we are local in Kitchener -Waterloo​
Passport office was not crowded but two applicants took over an hour at each counter, resulting delays. My turn came by 3.40PM​
I was done with passport application for family by 4.25 ( total 2 hours with advance appointment)​
Will pickup passport after 2 weeks for standard pickup service (+$20 each application)​
Hope to get passport after 2 weeks (unlike oath certificate 30 days)​

Last edited:
Reactions: GD.Iron.80

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
We had applied for passport at Service Canada office on 24-Nov. Mail out date given to us is 22-Dec. We had not given any travel dates while applying, however now planning to visit US by road during winter holidays. Does anyone know how we can speed up the process now, to get passports earlier?
if you apply passport office standard application 10 to 20 business days now you have to choice ask for file transfer if accepted they can show you air ticket if you going by road show hotel booking kip in mind $-50 FILE TRANSFER will be charge extra

Vish7

Star Member
Jun 6, 2017
Hello.
My wife's citizenship certificate, existing passport have middle name and last name before marriage.
However, for applying for Canadian passport, we would like her passport to use middle name and last name after marriage.
We have her documents from home country [and also marriage certificate from home country] showing the middle name and last name after marriage.
Will that work?

mudassirm

Star Member
Oct 18, 2017
How do I get urgent passport application, do I need to book appointment and do I need to add a reason that I need it urgently?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hello.
My wife's citizenship certificate, existing passport have middle name and last name before marriage.
However, for applying for Canadian passport, we would like her passport to use middle name and last name after marriage.
We have her documents from home country [and also marriage certificate from home country] showing the middle name and last name after marriage.
Will that work?
Read the instructions, that should work. It may work better if she has or changes other documents locally to reflect the 'new' name (driver's license, heatlh card, whatever).

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
How do I get urgent passport application, do I need to book appointment and do I need to add a reason that I need it urgently?
air ticket and if drive hotel booking is fine all so you can try self declaration explain after passport i am apply to visa i am not able to buy air ticket but there is no guarantee to accept otherwise apply standard application passport office you can get your passport 10 to 15 working days