+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
What documents they check or ask for if you go to pick your passport up in person at the local passport office? And do they charge money for anything? though the application was submitted about 50 days ago at service canada?

sharp1

May 3, 2021
Had my appointment at 74 Victoria Street (downtown Toronto) today.

1. The appointment was at 3:20pm, I think one of the last ones you can get in the day.
2. Walked in at 3:10pm, was out in less than 10 mins. No one checked proof of travel, or the confirmation email. Just told them my name at the counter.
3. I asked what the wait would have been if I had walked in, and the person at the check in counter said about an hour. He also said it should be 15 mins with my appointment, but it was like 3 mins.
4. My mail out date is August 8, which is perfectly fine for me since I don't travel till September.

Also, the person at the counter where I applied was very jovial and nice. Shout out to counter 3 man.

SuperSaiyanGod

Star Member
Mar 13, 2017
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
BC
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
28-07-2017
Nomination.....
28-07-2017
AOR Received.
14-08-2017
Passport Req..
02-01-2018
Submitted file on May 11, 2022. My travel date was approaching so I called the number and they transferred my file to Surrey office. Went there on Friday july 22 to pickup a yellow slip from an employee in the parking lot. I was traveling on tuesday july 26 so on monday july 25 I stood in line at 4:30 am with a fresh application. Got in at 8:30 am. Everything was done till 9:30 am and they gave me a pickup slip for the same day at 3:30 pm. Went to the office at 3:45 pm, stood in line for 5 minutes and got the passport. No extra fees was charged. After 10 yrs in this beautiful country, finally holding its passport. I would like to thank everyone in this forum who helped me since my PR application.

Reactions: QueenPeaches

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Submitted file on May 11, 2022. My travel date was approaching so I called the number and they transferred my file to Surrey office. Went there on Friday july 22 to pickup a yellow slip from an employee in the parking lot. I was traveling on tuesday july 26 so on monday july 25 I stood in line at 4:30 am with a fresh application. Got in at 8:30 am. Everything was done till 9:30 am and they gave me a pickup slip for the same day at 3:30 pm. Went to the office at 3:45 pm, stood in line for 5 minutes and got the passport. No extra fees was charged. After 10 yrs in this beautiful country, finally holding its passport. I would like to thank everyone in this forum who helped me since my PR application.
Did you get the confirmation that your file transfer was successful?

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys, I am planning to do a walk-in at the 74 Victoria Street, Toronto passport office tomorrow morning.I have tickets booked for mid-August. I would prefer to be done by 9-930 am so that I can be back at my workplace in time. How early should I reach the office so that I can be done with the entire process in time. It would be great if anyone who recently went there for a walk-in can share their experience.

hassan09

Jun 25, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Warsaw Ex Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
2nd AOR :19.04.2010
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
16.02.2013, Remedicals for kids (15.02.2014)
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
30-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
21-08-2014
LANDED..........
Planning for October 2014
Hi guys, I am planning to do a walk-in at the 74 Victoria Street, Toronto passport office tomorrow morning.I have tickets booked for mid-August. I would prefer to be done by 9-930 am so that I can be back at my workplace in time. How early should I reach the office so that I can be done with the entire process in time. It would be great if anyone who recently went there for a walk-in can share their experience.
You would need to be there by 3a.m at most and lineup, if you saw more than 15 people Infront of you, you might not be able to finish by 9.30a.m. Good luck!

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Appointment available for 3rd August 1pm Toronto for Canadian passport. If anyone needs it hurry and book it now

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Finally requested File transfer yesterday with an Urgency for Day care requesting the Parent passport /DOB (My wife Do not have DOB certificate, so we need passport) + OCI Appointment dated 29th July 2022. She told she will transfer the file to Quebec City which would be 3 hours from Where i live, so i asked her to send it to Montreal Passport Office located at Guy-Favreau Complex, 200 Boulevard René-Lévesque O #103, Montréal, QC H2Z 1X4 . She said he did it to Montreal. Now I need to wait for the call. I asked if I needed anything to take, she advised me to take the Day care email or letter print out + OCI appointment printout to collect the Passport. No additional fees nor Fresh application required. Now wait and see what happens. I should get a call today or tomorrow as per the Appointment date. (As per the agent the Passport office will call to let know when to pick up the passport, they will call only after the passport is ready for pick up,hope it runs the way she mentioned)

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
You would need to be there by 3a.m at most and lineup, if you saw more than 15 people Infront of you, you might not be able to finish by 9.30a.m. Good luck!
Different location but the North York (Yonge St.) location was not so bad - I lined up at 6.45 and was done by 9.30, getting there by 5.30 or 6 would give very good chances of being done first thing.

Yes, it's a bit further for some, but it's also directly on the subway (three minute walk) to downtown.

For what it's worth.

Reactions: hassan09

3bdullahibra

Jul 26, 2018
Called again today and was advised to call back if I don't receive it by June 16th.
Finally received my passport today. I reached out to my MP on July 8th after 3 months of my initial application. The MP’s office was very responsive and I had to fill some forms to allow them to follow up on my application. On Monday July 25, I received a call from the passport office to confirm my details, and the agent said that he will send my passport to production. I checked my mailbox today and finally, my passport was there.

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi everyone, I did a walk-in at 74 Victoria Street, Toronto and was able to submit my passport application. I want to share my experience as I don't see a lot of information regarding this passport office on the group:

5:30 am: Joined the queue at the office. There were already around 15 people ahead of me.
6:30 am: The security guard asked the people who were there for passport application transfer and those were there to apply for a new passport application to form two separate queues
7:30 am: They had a few people from the office who reviewed everyone's application and made sure they had all the documents including a proof of travel. They handed out a ticket number once the application looked good to them.
8:45 am: Went inside the building. Got another ticket number and sat on one of the chairs waiting for my turn.
9 am: Met the passport officer who reviewed my application. Gave me a date after 2 weeks to pick-up my passport.

I want to specially point out that the staff was really courteous and helpful throughout the process. They gave out masks to people who didn't have one as masks are mandatory to go inside the building. It also started raining around 8 am when everyone was still waiting in the queue. They brought out umbrellas and distributed them to the people who needed it. Even the passport officer was friendly and nice to talk to. He just asked for my travel date and didn't check my travel document.
The only problem was the wait time. The process almost took 3.5 hours. But glad I was done by 9 am as I was able to get back to office in time. I hope this helps.

agarwal.lalit91

Star Member
Jun 7, 2014
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Following from the above post, I had a question regarding the travel tickets I booked. I had booked refundable tickets. Will it be a problem if I cancel the tickets and do not actually travel on those dates? Do the passport office actually checks if I travel according to what I have mentioned in the application? Will it create any issues in the future?