+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Picked up passport today from Kitchener .

1.Applied in person at service Canada April 29
2.Mail out day was June 7
3.Called June 7 and was told not to expect it until July mid month
4. Called June 20 and asked for a transfer to Kitchener office due to
Upcoming travels, but did not get called back for a few days, then had a death in the family on June 22nd and needed to travel by Saturday June 25
5. Stood in line at Kitchener from 4am on June 23rd , and picked up passport today June 24th.

Good luck to you all !
Do we need to stand in line for a very long time for picking up as well? what was your experience?

Last edited:

Forte

Nov 14, 2016
Most of the Applications NO. Just like citizenship files they chose some randomly + some files requesting urgent passports. My whole family has the recent Passports and for my daughter 4 years back too, they never called my Guarantor, i see him every alternate day Minimum, he is our family friend, he said he never got a call and his wife is the reference, and she never got any call either.

For the safe side, keep them informed while you put their info, so in the worst case scenario if they get a call, they will be able to confirm the details.
Thanks for the info!

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Do we need to stand in line for a very long time for picking up as well? what was your experience?
Separate line for pick up and was about a half hour at north York (busy office) location a few weeks ago.

I got impression it is never that bad for pick up, it's a limited group who pick up (only récent and urgent passport apps) and a simple process after all.

Reactions: mumbaikar

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Separate line for pick up and was about a half hour at north York (busy office) location a few weeks ago.

I got impression it is never that bad for pick up, it's a limited group who pick up (only récent and urgent passport apps) and a simple process after all.
I picked up at Scarborough last week. I would suggest coming first thing in the morning to pick up. I was out in about 40 minutes then. The line for pickups seemed a lot longer in the afternoon.

Reactions: mumbaikar

Pra257

Star Member
May 11, 2021
Hi. How to reach out to passport office number. No matter what time I call, it's never connected to an agent.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hi. How to reach out to passport office number. No matter what time I call, it's never connected to an agent.
Same here. It's been 3 months since I am trying. Not able to talk to them. Sad

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
So after standing in line since 6am I was finally able to see an agent at 10. They don’t have my file!!! The central office where the in person application goes have not scanned/started working on my application. The agent has started a transfer and said to wait for call. No information when and by whom! I asked what if I don’t receive a call and she replied that she don’t know what to do next as the receiving office should call me although no way to contact the office. I am thinking to wait a day and then again stand in line outside receiving office but all this doesn’t seem like it’s a system of any developed country. I am also getting pictures taken tomorrow and forms filled again for safe side before I stand in line again!
Update: I got a call from office where my file is transferred and they said to pick up passport on Thursday ( a day before my flight )

Reactions: Tina461

MarcX

Nov 19, 2020
Hey there, we applied I believe the first week of May, any idea when we will receive the passports? regular process without a travel plan because I didn't expect that long, now I need to cancel biz-trips because of this,, don't want to call them as well what a pain in but to be on hold for an hour or two. Their website shows 9wks so it could be soon?

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
Don't know if anyone is still looking but a deluge of appointments just opened up in Kitchener, Hamilton East, Hamilton Mountain, St. Catharine, and London (more than 60 appointments in total).

Good luck

Reactions: mimmica

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Don't know if anyone is still looking but a deluge of appointments just opened up in Kitchener, Hamilton East, Hamilton Mountain, St. Catharine, and London (more than 60 appointments in total).

Good luck
i just checked and nothing!

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
Please what is the difference between in-person and mail application

delray55

Apr 4, 2022
Please what is the difference between in-person and mail application
In person - apply at service canada or passport office. original documents are verified and returned back
Mail - mail your documents to address mentioned in the passport form

Reactions: t_obz

t_obz

Star Member
Jan 26, 2015
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-12-2014
In person - apply at service canada or passport office. original documents are verified and returned back
Mail - mail your documents to address mentioned in the passport form
thanks

muhammad_visa

Jul 6, 2022
Applied in person in Toronto on Mar 25th, got passport last week. I guess now the waiting time is 3 - 4 months. If you are not in a rush, just wait. Don't bother to call.