+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Sarajaved

Jul 10, 2017
Congratulations. I didn't get a call today as well so no choice for me but to cancel my trip on 2nd July and travel on a weekday. I was advised by SC helpline at 2:30pm to go and lineup and try my luck. She was not sure if same file number will work.

Could you please confirm if you had to fill in a new form and needed the new pic you were carrying or the same file number was used to issue your passport!

Cheers,
NC
So sorry to hear that. We carried new forms and new pictures. Guarantor had to sign them again. And then when we went in, they used our previously assigned file number but took new forms and pictures because the old ones had not been scanned. So the file number till the very end stays the same. But you submit new forms and pictures

Sarajaved

Jul 10, 2017
Glad to hear that. I am traveling July 12 and planning to do the same next week.
If you are traveling July 12, which I think is a Tuesday, you'll only be entertained if you go on the 11th or the 8th. If you go on the 7th, I think they will ask you to go back. That's what's happening at the north york passport office. I can't say about other places.
Good luck. And plz take a new set of forms and pictures. There's a high probability they don't have the old ones.

Pudoo

Oct 19, 2017
anyone been to downtown vancouver for their passport? how's the average line up wait time there? thx

CanEuro

Star Member
Sep 4, 2020
Hi

They used to open booking for passport appointments around 8pm to 8.45pm now no appointments showing. Anybody know what time are they opening?

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
We applied for new passport on April 24th. When applied travelling date mentioned was 15th June as ticket was not bought. Now travelling on 09th July and so far nothing. It’s 6:30am and standing in line at Hamilton 700 Queenston Rd to get update on status. I have the file number with me and printed iternary ticket and so far nothing else like pictures or new forms. Any idea what I should be expecting? Anyone else having experience with this branch?

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
Extremely unorganized and no transparency of information why would we took day off, stood in line if it was the same thing. Extremely frustrating! and on top of that agents inside were like they are on vacations or on beach side with their causal, slow pace attitude.. no one to do a check on the system!

Reactions: BenLinus6

Parthpatel2207

Jul 9, 2012
Ontario
For those who plan to travel by a car, how do you provide proof of travel? Someone mentioned a self declaration form but I couldn't manage to figure out what it exactly is. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Did you apply with the self declaration yet? I need to apply soon but not sure what to bring for the proof of travel? I am looking to apply for my son and I need to travel in few weeks.

mimmica

Jan 24, 2014
I applied by an appointment through oshawa service Canada as well on May 4th and nothing
Did you try phoning them??
So after standing in line since 6am I was finally able to see an agent at 10. They don’t have my file!!! The central office where the in person application goes have not scanned/started working on my application. The agent has started a transfer and said to wait for call. No information when and by whom! I asked what if I don’t receive a call and she replied that she don’t know what to do next as the receiving office should call me although no way to contact the office. I am thinking to wait a day and then again stand in line outside receiving office but all this doesn’t seem like it’s a system of any developed country. I am also getting pictures taken tomorrow and forms filled again for safe side before I stand in line again!

• Angry
Reactions: BenLinus6

thecentury303

Feb 24, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Did you apply with the self declaration yet? I need to apply soon but not sure what to bring for the proof of travel? I am looking to apply for my son and I need to travel in few weeks.
I did it today. I am not sure if this only applies to my office (Montreal). The self declaration must be handwritten in a blank form provided by the passport office. I also provided them other evidence (e.g., hotel reservation) but that did not appear to be necessary.

boomshanker

Oct 17, 2016
which passport Canada office in GTA or nearby area has less in person lines ? I waiting for my citizenship certificate and will apply urgently as i have travel plans

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Do they usually call the guarantor and/or references?
Most of the Applications NO. Just like citizenship files they chose some randomly + some files requesting urgent passports. My whole family has the recent Passports and for my daughter 4 years back too, they never called my Guarantor, i see him every alternate day Minimum, he is our family friend, he said he never got a call and his wife is the reference, and she never got any call either.

For the safe side, keep them informed while you put their info, so in the worst case scenario if they get a call, they will be able to confirm the details.

Reactions: Forte