+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Im applying for the passport outside Canada . How do I get the guarantor to sign my application ? Can he sign my application before I fill it out ?

twerp

Jun 23, 2022
Has anyone submitted proof of travel in the form of a written declaration for those who intend to drive? or hotel reciept?

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Who do we need to contact to have the application transferred since the flight ticket are on July 2nd.

do we need to go back to service Canada and request it to be transferred to the local passport office or do we phone the help desk that is hard to reach

looking forward to your replies

regards

spetroun

Star Member
Mar 20, 2013
Is this the number we need to reach somebody to have the application transferred to a local passport office

1-8005676868

Thank you

canadiantica15

Sep 14, 2016
Visa Office......
Mississauga/Ottawa
App. Filed.......
04-04-2017
AOR Received.
01-05-2017
File Transfer...
24-05-2017
Med's Request
06-06-2017
Med's Done....
28-06-2017
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
24-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
08-11-2017
LANDED..........
15-12-2017
Is the standard pickup option for your passport (on or on after 10 business days) currently still offered?

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
It's been a good week for me on a number of fronts.
My citizenship Certificate arrived in the mail on Tuesday.
I was able to book a passport appointment on Wednesday - for Thursday.
Was in and out of the passport office in under an hour on Thursday - with a pickup date of next Tuesday.
Got conditionally approved for Nexus today (Friday) after a 10 month wait, and was able to book an appointment for that for August 12.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
It's been a good week for me on a number of fronts.
My citizenship Certificate arrived in the mail on Tuesday.
I was able to book a passport appointment on Wednesday - for Thursday.
Was in and out of the passport office in under an hour on Thursday - with a pickup date of next Tuesday.
Got conditionally approved for Nexus today (Friday) after a 10 month wait, and was able to book an appointment for that for August 12.
Congratulations for hitting many milestones in one week. If you don't mind me asking I thought the Nexus enrollment centres in Canada are still closed, how were you able to get an appointment? Also, how did you manage to register for Nexus prior to obtaining a Canadian Passport, do you currently have an American passport or entry visa?

Thank you for your response and apologies for not posting in the relevant thread.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
Congratulations for hitting many milestones in one week. If you don't mind me asking I thought the Nexus enrollment centres in Canada are still closed, how were you able to get an appointment? Also, how did you manage to register for Nexus prior to obtaining a Canadian Passport, do you currently have an American passport or entry visa?

Thank you for your response and apologies for not posting in the relevant thread.
The Nexus enrolment centres in Canada are still closed - when I looked for an appointment through the booking system I had the option of virtual or in-person. I selected in-person and the only available locations that showed up were Detroit (4 hr drive from Toronto) and 2 locations in Minnesota (18 hour drive).

There were quite a few days available for Detroit, so I booked one that was available in August. It appeared like they had just released a batch of new appointments because only morning timeslots were available on Thursdays and Fridays. An hour after I booked my appointment all slots appear to have been claimed and nothing was available at the time (except for the Minnesota locations, still).

I applied for Nexus last year as a PR hoping it would be approved sooner and before I became Canadian. I had to wait until last year because of the physical presence requirements for Nexus and Canadian PRs. I already had Global Entry with my Netherlands passport so I thought being in the system would speed things up. It didn't, so my Canadian Citizenship came before the Nexus approval. Once you apply for Nexus you cannot update the system with new information, so it still shows my PR Card and my Netherlands passport as part of the application.

I'll have to explain to the officer in my interview why I don't have a Canadian PR Card any more, and I hope they can update my info in the system with my new Citizenship. I've emailed CBP to find out what I need to do. I'm hoping to get an answer soon.

With my Netherlands passport I can enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program - but now with the Canadian passport I'll enter as a Canadian to go to the appointment.

mohoozee

Star Member
Sep 22, 2017
The Nexus enrolment centres in Canada are still closed - when I looked for an appointment through the booking system I had the option of virtual or in-person. I selected in-person and the only available locations that showed up were Detroit (4 hr drive from Toronto) and 2 locations in Minnesota (18 hour drive).

There were quite a few days available for Detroit, so I booked one that was available in August. It appeared like they had just released a batch of new appointments because only morning timeslots were available on Thursdays and Fridays. An hour after I booked my appointment all slots appear to have been claimed and nothing was available at the time (except for the Minnesota locations, still).

I applied for Nexus last year as a PR hoping it would be approved sooner and before I became Canadian. I had to wait until last year because of the physical presence requirements for Nexus and Canadian PRs. I already had Global Entry with my Netherlands passport so I thought being in the system would speed things up. It didn't, so my Canadian Citizenship came before the Nexus approval. Once you apply for Nexus you cannot update the system with new information, so it still shows my PR Card and my Netherlands passport as part of the application.

I'll have to explain to the officer in my interview why I don't have a Canadian PR Card any more, and I hope they can update my info in the system with my new Citizenship. I've emailed CBP to find out what I need to do. I'm hoping to get an answer soon.

With my Netherlands passport I can enter the US under the Visa Waiver Program - but now with the Canadian passport I'll enter as a Canadian to go to the appointment.
Awesome, thank you. Good luck and congrats once again.