+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

RocketReach

May 31, 2021
So the last two messages contradict each other haha. Seems like the appointments are blind luck
I think it has to do with whether they are new appointments opening up or canceled appointments. Whenever I canceled an appointment because an earlier one opened up, my slot would generally show up within a few minutes of cancelation. New appointments, which seem to open 30 days out, show up in the evening.

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
So the last two messages contradict each other haha. Seems like the appointments are blind luck
At first, when I was looking, I had two timeslots show up for 2:50 and 3pm. When I went to book either of those slots they had already been claimed. I clicked away from the Scarborough location and then back onto it and two new appointments appeared. I clicked book as soon as I could and got the confirmation, thankfully. It really was blind luck having clicked at the right time.

Last edited:

sharp1

May 3, 2021
At this point, I think I'll save time lining up at 6am rather than looking for appointments. I've probably already spent an hour or two looking for one

evdm

Jun 16, 2017
At this point, I think I'll save time lining up at 6am rather than looking for appointments. I've probably already spent an hour or two looking for one
My backup option was to travel to St John's Newfoundland next week. Plenty of appointments available there.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Couldn't believe my luck when a timeslot opened up for Scarborough tomorrow afternoon just now. Grabbed it as quick as I could.
I was also lucky to grab a last minute appointment for the North Vancouver office. The person who received my documents was really nice and I was in and out in less than half an hour.

sharp1

May 3, 2021
From my experience, appointments, if available, open up between 8pm and 8:45pm EST.
This was great advice! Thank you! Was able to grab an appointment for 22 July last night. Sure, it's a while away, but I don't have to travel till the end of August, so good enough for me.

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hello i applied my passport on 30th march and still received nothing. So now if i need to get it for emergency travel what is my quick option? I am trying for so many days and unable to even reach the passport customer care.