+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

sinancan

Jun 27, 2017
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did they check proof of travel? Trying to figure out if I should book flight tickets before I go. I have a graduation ceremony to attend outside Canada, but the invite/ceremony ticket might not be enough to convince them.
Yes it was checked in the lineup outside and then at the application booth.
They do accept more than tickets, but I have no comment on your specific case.

Reactions: sharp1

Mleung611

Jun 19, 2019
Finally received my passport today!
In person applied in service canada: 11th april
got a call from service canada for confirmation: 10th june
passport issued: 13th june
Mail out: 15th june from Mississauga
Received in person cause signature required: 17th june

Note:
I used to call to the passport office once in every 2 weeks
Contacted with my local MP and received a generic response: june 6th

Finally my journey is over with IRCC (for the time being). Good luck to you all who's been waiting for their passports. Hope to receive yours soon.
Which Service Canada did you apply at?

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
Hi,

Can we travel on current passport after oath ceremony?
between the application for passport and actual delivery ofCanadian passport ?
Work related travel which cannot wait ? Or even apply for passport in other Countries with the local Canadian embassy ?
Yes you can apply for cdn passport at cdn embassy nearest you in the destination country……use correct forms, fees, photos and supporting docs. Easy process and much faster than in-Canada…….

Reactions: RS5

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Yup. If I don't get a call, I'll be lining up 3am in the morning on June 22. I did call in to get an update today though and they told me that it's been transferred and is currently "under examination".
Hey just checking on you .. have you got a call yet? I didn’t get anything so far

Kashmira89

Star Member
Dec 27, 2016
Maybe my experience will help:

I completed my Oath on November 3
Certificate was sent on November 5th
Certificate received on November 16th

I went to the passport office in Kitchener today (17 November 2021)
- I was there at 7:45 AM and the office opens at 8:30 AM
- People who had a scheduled appointment were sent in first at 8:30 AM
- I had to wait for less than 5 minutes before I was sent in (I was the first in line for the walk-ins)
- Info verification for passport process took less than 15 minutes
- I paid $20 extra for in person pick up
- I have been called back in 2 weeks on Dec 1 to pick up the passport
How to mention in form that we want to pick up the passport. Did the service now agent make a not of it that you opted for in person collection service

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
Hey just checking on you .. have you got a call yet? I didn’t get anything so far
My wife just got the call now. They told us to come in at 12:00 PM to the Mississauga office with new forms and photos and the passport would be ready for pick up on Thursday.

Last edited:
Reactions: abcvita2012

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
My wife just got the call now. They told us to come in at 12:00 PM to the Mississauga office with new forms and photos and the passport would be ready for pick up on Thursday.
Congrats .. but what on earth is this .. asking you for a new form and photos for same-day appointment

LNGHYNH

Jun 13, 2022
Congrats .. but what on earth is this .. asking you for a new form and photos for same-day appointment
Sorry, I meant to say they told her to come in tomorrow at 12:00 PM, but we still need to bring in a new application and photos. They told us our son's original application and photos were not scanned yet in the system so it's easier for us to just bring in the new documentation.

xander88

Star Member
Sep 22, 2018
I applied today for my passport I am scheduled for pick up on Friday, the agent said I might get a call on Wednesday for pick up.
*not an urgent application

Invincible84

Champion Member
Jun 20, 2016
Ontario
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
submitted passport request on 29th March with mail out date as 29th April. Still nothing on 21st june, crickets! Waiting and waiting... called mp office and they did not entertain at al. Said 3 to 6 months is the processing time now!!!!

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
Posting my experience @ the Kitchener Passport Office to give everyone an idea.
Had my oath last week on June 15th and I requested for an expedite delivery for my certificate. Got it within 2 days on June 17th.
I kept looking for appointments on:
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/

Was lucky to get one for June 20th-2:40 pm at the Kitchener Office. Reached at the office around 2:30 pm. There was a line up of about 50-60 people still at that time (those with no appointments). I skipped the line and went straight into the security. They saw my email and let me in. There were two lines inside for documents check.
One was for people without appointments - had about 10-12 people in the line
The other line was for people with appointments - no one in the line so I was the first one there and had my documents checked right away. I was provided a number here. They had various numbering system. Different for people with appointments and without appointments.
I was given number: N054. That time on the screen they were catering N047.
Waited about an hour for my turn.
The agent at the counter was amazing! Very easy to deal with. Looked at my application. I had a flight ticket for June 26th. So 4 business days away. He told me passport will be ready by Thursday June 23rd in the morning.
No extra fee for pick up.
I paid $160 for a 10 year passport.
$50 for express request.

I was done and out of the office by 3:45 pm. So took me about 70 minutes in total.
All in all, a great experience at the Kitchener Office!

Reactions: pkshaji

jaynee02

Jul 12, 2021
Hi, I just got my citizenship certificate and have flight tickets for the end of August (to my home country). I seriously thought that I wasn't going to get a date for the oath any time soon so I made plans and got the email like a week before the actual oath ceremony.. Anyways, I'm going to apply for a passport in person next week (it will be 44 business days before the travel date then so I'll fit into that requirement).
But does it matter which office I apply to (I want to skip Toronto, it sounds like hell)? Can you still pay for express procedure if you have proof of travel and less than 45 days to the travel date?

Another question: Is there a way to enter Canada on the way back without a passport? Apply abroad for one, or get one of those temporary travel documents or something like that?

Thanks!

chamchikang

Dec 25, 2017
Posting my experience @ the Kitchener Passport Office to give everyone an idea.
Had my oath last week on June 15th and I requested for an expedite delivery for my certificate. Got it within 2 days on June 17th.
I kept looking for appointments on:
https://eservices.canada.ca/en/reservation/

Was lucky to get one for June 20th-2:40 pm at the Kitchener Office. Reached at the office around 2:30 pm. There was a line up of about 50-60 people still at that time (those with no appointments). I skipped the line and went straight into the security. They saw my email and let me in. There were two lines inside for documents check.
One was for people without appointments - had about 10-12 people in the line
The other line was for people with appointments - no one in the line so I was the first one there and had my documents checked right away. I was provided a number here. They had various numbering system. Different for people with appointments and without appointments.
I was given number: N054. That time on the screen they were catering N047.
Waited about an hour for my turn.
The agent at the counter was amazing! Very easy to deal with. Looked at my application. I had a flight ticket for June 26th. So 4 business days away. He told me passport will be ready by Thursday June 23rd in the morning.
No extra fee for pick up.
I paid $160 for a 10 year passport.
$50 for express request.

I was done and out of the office by 3:45 pm. So took me about 70 minutes in total.
All in all, a great experience at the Kitchener Office!

Congrats and you are so lucky!

I keep looking at the reservation page for a few days now but can't find the empty slot.