+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

Fae7

Oct 18, 2016
Yes, you're expected to find those addresses. It's only two years.
Does it need to match the addresses given to IRCC and the exact dates ? Because I don’t remember very well . Can they deny me the passport if I make a mistake I really don’t remember the exact dates . Sorry I have a bad memory .

kzaman

May 31, 2015
Called passport office again today. Same status of under review. They are saying the processing time is 12 weeks now and to call back in couple of weeks and hopefully they will be able to give a tracking number to me by then. Submitted my application on 25 March at service Canada office.

• Sad
Reactions: shomed

waterlooengineer

Mar 13, 2018
If anyone is looking for an appointment for Kitchener Office Passport office tomorrow at 2 pm, dm me. I had it booked but seems like I won't receive my certificate in time.

sharp1

May 3, 2021
Passport Canada at 74 Victoria St Toronto.
Lined up before 5:50 for walk-in. I was the 12th person in line.
At 6:30, 29 people were in line.
They said they mail in 10 business days. I was going to get express pickup but the officer made me think it's not worth it because it's only 2-3 more days (worst case 6) but more convenient to receive at home. And said there's no reason to worry about any delays.
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did they check proof of travel? Trying to figure out if I should book flight tickets before I go. I have a graduation ceremony to attend outside Canada, but the invite/ceremony ticket might not be enough to convince them.

rubz9911

Star Member
Feb 1, 2019
Thanks for sharing your experience!

Did they check proof of travel? Trying to figure out if I should book flight tickets before I go. I have a graduation ceremony to attend outside Canada, but the invite/ceremony ticket might not be enough to convince them.

Don't worry, the invite/ceremony ticket is good enough if you have your name on it.

AhsanK

Star Member
Oct 17, 2016
Vancouver
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Sydney, Ottawa
App. Filed.......
22-09-2016
AOR Received.
04-01-2017
Med's Request
18-12-2017
Med's Done....
26-12-2017
Hi All,

Just posting my application timeline in case someone is in the same situation:

Applied in person at Victoria, BC - May 26th
I was given the date of passport mail out - June 9th
xpresspost expected delivery - Week of June 13th

Passport printed on June 10th, Canada post received passport/in transit in Victoria on June 13th, Canada post left delivery notice in the mailbox on June 14th, I picked up the passport on June 15th.

When I applied in person, first thing they asked for is the ticket and when and where I was traveling, i provided them flight ticket within next 25 business days, they processed my application and scanned both sides of drivers license and citizenship certificate, as my application was complete it was approved right away. They did not reach out to my guarantor (spouse) or references (friends). I had put unknown as anticipated travel date in the application but the person helping me asked me to cross it and put the date when i was traveling so that my passport can be printed on time.

I hope this helps anyone who might be applying for the passport.

Good luck everyone with your application process.

Coco7

Star Member
Oct 9, 2015
Hi!, does anyone know if it’s ok to have the passport photos taken if one is still waiting for the certificate?
I’m wondering if this could create any issue if the photos are taken before the date of emission of the certificate.
My status recently changed to complete, but I’m not sure if the certificate has been printed/ mailed yet.

flyingpbandj

Jan 31, 2018
Coquitlam, BC
Hi!, does anyone know if it’s ok to have the passport photos taken if one is still waiting for the certificate?
I’m wondering if this could create any issue if the photos are taken before the date of emission of the certificate.
My status recently changed to complete, but I’m not sure if the certificate has been printed/ mailed yet.
Pictures can be up to 6 months old at the time they receive your passport application.

Reactions: Coco7

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I ended up requesting a transfer yesterday to the Kitchener office since I need to drive to the states July 1. Hope I hear from them soon or something .

berabad

Jan 17, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-02-2016
AOR Received.
23-02-2016
File Transfer...
23-02-2016
Med's Done....
26-02-2016
Passport Req..
23-08-2016
VISA ISSUED...
08-09-2016
LANDED..........
11-01-2017
Quick update: My spouse and I applied for passport on the same day. She got hers on Tuesday, June 14th, close to 3 months from the time we applied in March 15th. While I still haven't gotten mine and I've already reached out to my local MP. This is truly frustrating!!

kzaman

May 31, 2015
I emailed my local MP yesterday and got a call from his office today. He said that they can't expedite it as well unless I've confirmed travel booking. Really frustrating. Not sure how other MPs are helping out the applicants in expediting their cases.

Submitted my passport application at service Canada office on 25th of March

sk000

Jan 3, 2015
Finally received my passport today!
In person applied in service canada: 11th april
got a call from service canada for confirmation: 10th june
passport issued: 13th june
Mail out: 15th june from Mississauga
Received in person cause signature required: 17th june

Note:
I used to call to the passport office once in every 2 weeks
Contacted with my local MP and received a generic response: june 6th

Finally my journey is over with IRCC (for the time being). Good luck to you all who's been waiting for their passports. Hope to receive yours soon.

SShehata

Star Member
Sep 30, 2018
Finally received my passport today!
In person applied in service canada: 11th april
got a call from service canada for confirmation: 10th june
passport issued: 13th june
Mail out: 15th june from Mississauga
Received in person cause signature required: 17th june

Note:
I used to call to the passport office once in every 2 weeks
Contacted with my local MP and received a generic response: june 6th

Finally my journey is over with IRCC (for the time being). Good luck to you all who's been waiting for their passports. Hope to receive yours soon.
Could you please share the number you used in calling?