+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

sinancan

Jun 27, 2017
Hello , hope all is well!! I am going to apply for non urgent passport in Person and I have few questions about this,
1. I want to apply in person but I want the passport deliver by mail. Is this possible, if possible then do I need to take the return envelope with me or can I pay there in the office by using credit/debit card ?

2. Can I pay the application fee in the office by using credit/debit card or do I need the payment form with debit/ credit card information to submit with the application?
Thank you so much for your time.
Both questions are already answered in detail in the application guides. (1) Yes they will mail you without you bringing anything (2) You pay by card not by submitting card information in person.

Reactions: ttttt

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Both questions are already answered in detail in the application guides. (1) Yes they will mail you without you bringing anything (2) You pay by card not by submitting card information in person.
Thank you so much! I didn’t read the guide yet!! Tooo lazy to read!! Thanks again!!

Reactions: sinancan

alex the king

Jun 24, 2017
Canada
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
NDVO
NOC Code......
Pre-Assessed..
Yes
App. Filed.......
07-07-2016
AOR Received.
14-11-2016
Med's Request
22-12-2016
Med's Done....
11-01-2017
Passport Req..
27-10-2017
VISA ISSUED...
07-11-2017
LANDED..........
24-12-2017
Thank you, but what if you keep hearing the same message ("For general information blah-blah-blah") no matter how many times you dial? Any tricks?
There are usually no hacks , if you have more than one phone try from both simultaneously, after few dials something may get connected to the queue.

Mostly 80+ to 100+ some are dialing. If you are lucky enough you may get connected in fist few attempts.

Don't lose hopes keep trying. After 6 or before 9 could help a little bit but no guarantees.

Wish you Good luck

Reactions: vladalviv

sraboni5

Star Member
Jun 6, 2016
Hi everyone, I am preparing to submit my application some time this week in person; can someone pls help me with following queries:

1. Does anyone know if I can apply in-person with travel proof which is 3 weeks away? I heard if its not within 2 days, some locations are turning away people..

2. I will move from my location at the end of this month. Can I put new residence address in the application form? My driving license still has my current address. Will this be an issue?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi everyone, I am preparing to submit my application some time this week in person; can someone pls help me with following queries:

1. Does anyone know if I can apply in-person with travel proof which is 3 weeks away? I heard if its not within 2 days, some locations are turning away people..
Three weeks is fine.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports.html

I believe if you pay $20, you can pick-up rather than risk mail.

Reactions: sraboni5

abdels3

May 9, 2015
Hi all,

I applied in person for myself (new citizen) and my 2 kids (first passport) on March 30th and was told my application will be done by Matt 9th. Now it is June 6 and I didn't get my passport. I have travel plans June 19th for family commitment.

I tried calling +100x and couldn't get through the line (i.e., kept getting the automated vice voice message). What are my options now other than keep calling? Would it be beneficial to go in person to the service Canada closest to me without having the file sent there. Does it have to be the same service Canada location as the one I applied from? Finally, can I go to the 2 day processing centers even though I have applied in person?

sinancan

Jun 27, 2017
I applied on May 31. Walk-in near the beginning of the line. Passport Canada at 74 Victoria St Toronto.
Travel date: July 8 (not urgent).
Went with the standard/free option (mail out).
Received passport by mail on June 6, 9am. So, 4 business days. The speed was unexpectedly wonderful.

Passport Canada at 74 Victoria St Toronto.
Lined up before 5:50 for walk-in. I was the 12th person in line.
At 6:30, 29 people were in line.
They said they mail in 10 business days. I was going to get express pickup but the officer made me think it's not worth it because it's only 2-3 more days (worst case 6) but more convenient to receive at home. And said there's no reason to worry about any delays.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi all,

I applied in person for myself (new citizen) and my 2 kids (first passport) on March 30th and was told my application will be done by Matt 9th. Now it is June 6 and I didn't get my passport. I have travel plans June 19th for family commitment.

I tried calling +100x and couldn't get through the line (i.e., kept getting the automated vice voice message). What are my options now other than keep calling? Would it be beneficial to go in person to the service Canada closest to me without having the file sent there. Does it have to be the same service Canada location as the one I applied from? Finally, can I go to the 2 day processing centers even though I have applied in person?
Not sure about other questions, but you will have to go to Passport office, not any other service Canada office.

vigneshwaran

Star Member
Apr 12, 2013
April 7: Applied In person at Service Canada
May 9: Expected Mail out date
Week of May 16: Called Service Canada multiple times after hundreds of tries and hours of waiting. Was told to call within 10 business days from date of travel i.e 12th June
May 30: Called service canada around 250 times and 1.5 hours wait time and then agent transferred file to Kitchener passport office.
May 30: Received call from Kitchener passport office the same day. I was told to come in with new application since old one wasnt uploaded to the system and have new photo and bring all proofs. No need to stand in line and was told a person's name to mention and walk in directly. Did the same and with proof of travel they accepted everything. Paid only $20 pick up fee. Pick up date was given as June 6
June 6: Walked in with pick up slip. Picked up passport within minutes.

Good luck guys. Hectic process though.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
April 7: Applied In person at Service Canada
May 9: Expected Mail out date
Week of May 16: Called Service Canada multiple times after hundreds of tries and hours of waiting. Was told to call within 10 business days from date of travel i.e 12th June
May 30: Called service canada around 250 times and 1.5 hours wait time and then agent transferred file to Kitchener passport office.
May 30: Received call from Kitchener passport office the same day. I was told to come in with new application since old one wasnt uploaded to the system and have new photo and bring all proofs. No need to stand in line and was told a person's name to mention and walk in directly. Did the same and with proof of travel they accepted everything. Paid only $20 pick up fee. Pick up date was given as June 6
June 6: Walked in with pick up slip. Picked up passport within minutes.

Good luck guys. Hectic process though.
Hey , so the 10 days is 10 business days ?
such a hectic process.
I wonder if you could have walked in without requesting the transfer after they told you your file was not in the system .

ttttt

Star Member
Jan 30, 2015
Hello ,
Hope all is well! My baby was born in Canada. She is 16 months old now!! I want to apply passport for her. Do I have to bring her to Service Canada or I can apply on behalf of her?
Thank you for your time!!

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Hello ,
Hope all is well! My baby was born in Canada. She is 16 months old now!! I want to apply passport for her. Do I have to bring her to Service Canada or I can apply on behalf of her?
Thank you for your time!!
Parent can apply of course. I applied for my wife and my son. No issues. Just take ID card for the other parent and birth certificate for the child(and your ID as well) and other necessary documents for applying passport.
Take your marriage certificate and then your COPR(for all applicable family members).
Some officers are ok with seeing marriage certificate to establish family relationship but my officer asked for copr for all of us(my son was also landed immigrant but not sure if it will apply to your case).

Reactions: ttttt