AOR Received.
28-02-2017
Med's Done....
14-04-2017
Passport Req..
10-06-2017
VISA ISSUED...
15-06-2017
Any montrealite who knows , how's the timeline like for a new passport in a normal scenario, walk-in or mail recently?
I applied in person on 31 March at Service Canada. Already used the email status update page, no reply whatsoever. So I think you should just forget after applying.

SaskCana

Sep 6, 2020
Hey guys a question! So when we download the applications for pp it says the time about (over 45 days approximately without ticket proof ) however if we check the standards ( time) on their website it says just 10/20 days? Which one is correct?

and when you submit passport applications they give you the receipt what time it tells to receive them? 2 months or 1 month?

kind response is highly appreciated,

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys a question! So when we download the applications for pp it says the time about (over 45 days approximately without ticket proof ) however if we check the standards ( time) on their website it says just 10/20 days? Which one is correct?

and when you submit passport applications they give you the receipt what time it tells to receive them? 2 months or 1 month?

kind response is highly appreciated,
45 days these days, unless you have travel proof

greencard14

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-06-2014
IELTS Request
Sent with app
Med's Request
13-11-2014
Med's Done....
11-12-2014
Windsor Ontario Passport office: Submitted the application on 26th May for my wife and son.
Mail out date to US 09-Jun-2022.
As I am US resident, they charged for US rates. I was asking if i can pick the passports but officer wanted everyone to come and pick the passports since its international crossing hence officer said she would mail out and she said it would be fedex hence it will be quick.

Received passport for my wife. I was expecting the mail early but not this early.
Will wait for this week to see if passport comes for my son. I was asked to fax copr for all of us to prove the family relationship for my son's application which i sent on same day but not sure if this is received and delay is due to it. Will see.

Lesson: Its wild varied processing times across offices. People are waiting too many hours standing in line and thousands are doing the same in big cities but still passport offices are not sharing the load. Very bad that they send passport without requesting to deliver in 3-5 days but they send passport for some early and for some very late even though they too have travel date mentioned.
@harirajmohan , what is mail out date and why is it quicker compared to what I'm reading in other threads? I'm seeing 1-2 months processing times in other threads but how is this so quick or has something changed recently in terms of processing times?

Also, can we provide a friend's address for mailing the Citizenship certificate after the Oath and can my friend mail it to my US address?

After receiving the certificate, can I just show my Indian passport and certificate at the border to enter Canada for applying passport? Is it easy process or need to go to secondary?

So, we can just provide the US address while submitting the passport application so they will just mail it to the US?

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
@harirajmohan , what is mail out date and why is it quicker compared to what I'm reading in other threads? I'm seeing 1-2 months processing times in other threads but how is this so quick or has something changed recently in terms of processing times?

Also, can we provide a friend's address for mailing the Citizenship certificate after the Oath and can my friend mail it to my US address?

After receiving the certificate, can I just show my Indian passport and certificate at the border to enter Canada for applying passport? Is it easy process or need to go to secondary?

So, we can just provide the US address while submitting the passport application so they will just mail it to the US?
When we submit application for passport in-person they give mail out date based on your travel date during which they will mail the passport to you. I think that they give estimated mail out date even if we dont have travel date(i think that this is their process).
If they have too many applications then surely they delay even if they have given mail out date to send you passport.
it seems that processing time varies based on each office since they dont share load and process based on first come.

cic sends citizenship certificate on the address on file. Avoid giving new address during oath since many(including my wife) are getting their certificate at old address even though new address was given while sending signed oath form. So make sure you have your friend's Canadian address on your file is updated days before the oath.

Yes i went to windsor from detroit last week to apply for my family's passport. Used only Indian passport and citizenship certificate. Secondary inspection is not always related to immigration hence its not related whether one is citizen or non citizen of that country. Secondary inspection will be same as before with more questions. I was not sent to secondary in the last trip.

Passport officer was not allowing Canadian mailing address. She said that she would mail out to US only or i need to pickup passports(by bringing my wife and son). So i chose to get it mailed out as officer was anyway charging US fees.

Jan 20, 2022
Any early April applicant got his/her passport yet? I am in the 9th week and still the status is under examination which means no one touched the application. Also they said transfer can only happen 10 days before travel. The process has become ridiculous no actual timeline.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
applied on March 25th, and expected mail out date was April 26. NO NEWS at all and when i call, the automated messages says there are high volume of calls and just hangs up. SO ANNOYING. How am i supposed to follow up? I am traveling in 4 weeks. and NEED this asap. Is it gonna help if i visit the office where I applied for the passport and ask in person?

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
I applied in person on 31 March at Service Canada. Already used the email status update page, no reply whatsoever. So I think you should just forget after applying.
Oh no.... so you applied for "45 days and more" option right?
And how long it's been for you waiting?

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Oh no.... so you applied for "45 days and more" option right?
And how long it's been for you waiting?
I'm in a similar situation (regular application/non-urgent). I applied on March 11, 2021. The mail-out date was Apr 8, 2021, and the delivery estimation was Apr 19, 2021. I got nothing so far and haven't tried to call them yet. I'm considering calling them next week to see what's going on.

plzhelpme

Star Member
Jan 14, 2013
I'm in a similar situation (regular application/non-urgent). I applied on March 11, 2021. The mail-out date was Apr 8, 2021, and the delivery estimation was Apr 19, 2021. I got nothing so far and haven't tried to call them yet. I'm considering calling them next week to see what's going on.
Wondering if anyone tried showing refundable hotel reservation proof instead of itinerary to apply within the mid(3-45 days) category......

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
They probably won't have done anything with the file yet. After my experience in involving "your" MPA office I can only suggest / recommend to try that angle and involve the MPA office to chase Passport Canada for the progress.

I submitted my file at Service Canada on 11th April and the delivery date was given with 18th May.

On 19th May I reached out o my local MPA seeking their assistance/support on this matter. On Tuesday, 31st May my passport was delivered - thanks to the involvement of MPA. Without the involvement of MPA my file would be still sitting untouched.

Reactions: andrews.juchem

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
They probably won't have done anything with the file yet. After my experience in involving "your" MPA office I can only suggest / recommend to try that angle and involve the MPA office to chase Passport Canada for the progress.

I submitted my file at Service Canada on 11th April and the delivery date was given with 18th May.

On 19th May I reached out o my local MPA seeking their assistance/support on this matter. On Tuesday, 31st May my passport was delivered - thanks to the involvement of MPA. Without the involvement of MPA my file would be still sitting untouched.
I've never contacted "my MPA". Did you send them an email or had to call?

lincolnys

Apr 25, 2021
I applied on May 31 with a printed flight ticket at the passport office in Kitchener, and I will pick it up on June 14.

GuyanaGirl

Jul 4, 2016
Visa Office......
Kitchener
App. Filed.......
July, 20th 2016
Med's Request
Upfront
I applied on May 31 with a printed flight ticket at the passport office in Kitchener, and I will pick it up on June 14.
When is your flight ? Did you ask to pick up instead of mail out ?