+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

andrews.juchem

Star Member
Oct 16, 2020
Estimated passport delivery date is May 27th but my card hasn’t been charged and it’s a holiday Monday today. I’m not going to receive my passport this Friday right? lol
I applied on March 11th at a Canada Services Centre in Calgary and was supposed to receive it by April 19th. I've received nothing so far.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
Hello all, My oath is scheduled for June 1. I'm travelling to US for work on 16th of June (flight tickets are already booked for this travel). How do I go about this situation? assuming that i'll receive my citizenship certificate in 7-8 days after Oath, will I be able to get a passport that fast? or will I have to cancel my tickets and postpone my trip? I'll have to inform my boss soon on this, any feedback is appreciated.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hello all, My oath is scheduled for June 1. I'm travelling to US for work on 16th of June (flight tickets are already booked for this travel). How do I go about this situation? assuming that i'll receive my citizenship certificate in 7-8 days after Oath, will I be able to get a passport that fast? or will I have to cancel my tickets and postpone my trip? I'll have to inform my boss soon on this, any feedback is appreciated.
You can get passport in 2 days. Although you may have to stand in queue for long hours.

There is no guarantee of getting citizenship certificate in 7-8 days. You will have to request fast processing. Most people got it in 5-10 days after requesting, but they don't commit.

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014
You can get passport in 2 days. Although you may have to stand in queue for long hours.

There is no guarantee of getting citizenship certificate in 7-8 days. You will have to request fast processing. Most people got it in 5-10 days after requesting, but they don't commit.
Yea,
I can wait in line.

I see, how do I request for fast processing? would i be doing it during the oath?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Yea,
I can wait in line.

I see, how do I request for fast processing? would i be doing it during the oath?
Yes, request them during the oath & also mention in email that you send after oath (& attach copy of ticket as well).

sundeep_s_

Jun 24, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 09 2014
IELTS Request
Sent with Application
Med's Request
Jan 27 2015
Med's Done....
Jan 29 2015
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Mar 18 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24 2014

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mississauga Passport office? any recent experiences with a Walk-in (Travel 3-25 business days)
Yes, my spouse applied couple of weeks back. Only walkin is allowed & they are accepting 150 applicants. I think those who reached there before 6:30 AM were able to apply.

Reactions: RedDevil21

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Vancouver office - any recent experiences with Walk in ? Travel 26 business days or more. I am intending to walk in since no appointments available

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
Have a question on Section 7 Additional Personal Info - Addresses in last 2 years.

I changed my address last year. - If i select Different from current home address, do i list both my current and old address? If so , What should i enter in the 'To' date field for my current address?

TheHal

Star Member
Sep 21, 2010
London/St. Thomas for now...
Category........
Visa Office......
Miss -->Buff -->Detroit
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-10-2010
Doc's Request.
N/A
Med's Done....
26-10-2010
Interview........
none so far...
Passport Req..
03-06-2011
VISA ISSUED...
June 6th
LANDED..........
Will land 06 june
I applied at a Service Canada office in Manitoba, on April 29th, then promptly got a new job requiring travel in Early June. Phoned yesterday to see if they'd transfer. Took 144 tries to get the proper queue, then I was at 168 on the call list. Got through, and local Winnipeg office called me today. They asked for travel proof, have no ticket yet, but new company letter was sent as well as travel request. Hopefully that's enough, If not, I'll have the ticket in hand shortly.

ANyway, other than having to call 144 times to get into the queue, the process was relatively painless. hope the last bit is too!

pafj

Nov 19, 2015
Hi,
I went to a Service Canada to apply for my passport on April 7th and I havent received it yet obviously. I called last week to transfer my file to a local office for urgent pick up but the agent told me its not guaranteed... Do you believe if I line up in a service canada passport center I can get it processed quickly? Would they accept to cancel the previous application and start an express based on my trip? I have a trip coming June 5th and I cannot miss it.

abcvita2012

Star Member
Jun 5, 2017
Hi All,
i applied for my passport in-person at a Service Canada office. What are my options to check for the status of the application?