+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport in person timeline

JMG02

Mar 21, 2022
Which office is less crowded Ottawa or Gatineau. I am traveling in less than 25 days, so when I should arrive, I am seeing people talking about 6 am in GTA but any experience in ottawa?
Ottawa is less crowded and it goes by fast too but you have to be there early like 5:00-6:00 am max! So you can be in first 10-15 peoples

CasioLottoMax

Star Member
Feb 2, 2017
Hello all,

just to add “my” story into the mix.

Applied on 11th April at Service Canada location. (General/no urgent travel)
It was stated 11th May to be mail-out date and
18th May to be receive date. (No passport received to date)
Submitted a webform at the beginning of May…until to date no response received.

Reached out to local MPA on 19th May and same day MPA office got in contact with Passport Canada for feedback. MPA got feedback that the my file has been received but nothing has been done on it due to large backlog with mail-in applications even though my file is due to be dealt with. MPA was advised by Passport Canada that a note will be sent to the office to get on it as it is past due. MPA outlined as well other options such as transfer of file in case of urgent travel requirement. I will sit tight for now as my travel is due around mid July only.

• Sad
Reactions: nc_positiveguy

congp

Oct 19, 2016
Estimated passport delivery date is May 27th but my card hasn’t been charged and it’s a holiday Monday today. I’m not going to receive my passport this Friday right? lol

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per latest news, govt has hired 600 employees for processing of passports. However training of 12 weeks will be required before they start working.

Humble request to those who are not traveling soon to keep patience. That way those who have travel plans may get their passports on time. Contacting them again & again will only take resources out from already stretched system. They are facing unprecedented number of requests.

Anne_B

May 23, 2022
Hi!
I am filling out my passport application and had a few questions, hope you guys can help me out:
  • Section 3 - Previous Canadian Travel Document - Does a PR card counts as a travel document?
  • Do I only need to have 1 of the 2 pictures signed by the photographer and the guarantor?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
Hi!
I am filling out my passport application and had a few questions, hope you guys can help me out:
  • Section 3 - Previous Canadian Travel Document - Does a PR card counts as a travel document?
  • Do I only need to have 1 of the 2 pictures signed by the photographer and the guarantor?
Does a PR card counts as a travel document? Not sure about this one
Yes, only 1 of the picture needs to be signed by the guarantor and photographer needs to put the studio stamp along with date when it was clicked, you don't need signature of the photographer.

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone needs appointment for passport in GTA? I will be cancelling few appointments for this week. Couple of them are at Hamilton Mountain SCC, one at North York & another in Toronto Downtown.

Jan 20, 2022
I applied on April 6 in person and so far no news!! Requested a status update 3 weeks ago and still nothing. Also, couldn’t get through a live agent calling many times. What’s the current timeline.

Thatsnotmyname

Feb 14, 2019
Hi!
No, leave section 3 blank. I was in the office today. Staff checked the form and took all my docs. Passport will be ready for pickup on Friday.

Reactions: Anne_B

Thatsnotmyname

Feb 14, 2019
I have no travel plans.
Can I still come as a walk-in? There aren't any available appointments
I don't think you can walk in if you don't have travel plans. They will send you back if you do not need to travel within 25 business days.
The user @softwaretesting will be canceling a few appointments. Maybe coordinate with softwaretesting. Also (s)he had mentioned in the past that appointments get released around 8pm. These would be your best bet if you're not traveling, though I'm not sure if appointments are only for those traveling.

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
I have no travel plans.
Can I still come as a walk-in? There aren't any available appointments
I don't think you can walk in if you don't have travel plans. They will send you back if you do not need to travel within 25 business days.
The user @softwaretesting will be canceling a few appointments. Maybe coordinate with softwaretesting. Also (s)he had mentioned in the past that appointments get released around 8pm. These would be your best bet if you're not traveling, though I'm not sure if appointments are only for those traveling.
I saw some posts on some passport offices accept without travel need. Some locations dont and return candidates. Forum post noted that those locations(whichever accept) ask the candidates to stand in two separate lines(one with travel and other without travel need).
It seems it is depending on location administration on how they want to handle.

Last edited:

harirajmohan

VIP Member
Mar 3, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney, NS
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-May-2015
Doc's Request.
30-Dec-2015 ReminderEmail(PCCs, NewPassport via cse 31-Dec-2015)
Nomination.....
SK 22-Apr-2015
AOR Received.
11-Aug-2015
Med's Request
23-Dec-2015
Med's Done....
20-Jan-2016
Passport Req..
26-May-2016 (BGC In Progress 25-May-2016)
VISA ISSUED...
PP Reached Ottawa:27-May-2016, Received:10-Jun-2016
LANDED..........
PR: 09-Jul-2016, PR Card: 17-Aug-2016
Windsor passport office: Anyone walked-in here recently?