CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-02-2020
AOR Received.
04-03-2020
Hmmm looks like the delay of two months is real... Hopefully we get our passports in May.. waiting...

Thatsnotmyname

Feb 14, 2019
Company I work for is in the states. Boss is there too and wants me to fly in. Is an email from my boss acceptable as proof of needing to travel?
Or should I just book a refundable ticket?

kzaman

May 31, 2015
My daughter applied at Burlington service centre on 25 March and was given a mail out date of 26 April. She is flying to UK on 24 May. She called the phone number couple of weeks back and requested a transfer to local office since no progress was made on her application. Got a call from Mississauga local office over the weekend that her transfer request has been accepted and to visit the office between Tuesday and Thursday this week with a new application since her earlier application wasn't even scanned by the central office. So she filled up a new application and went to the Mississauga passport office today but was turned away by the guard saying that they can only process urgent applications which are 1 or 2 days before the travel date.

Anyone had a similar experience with urgent requests? Don't they accept urgent applications with more than 1 to 2 travel dates since the person on the phone said that she can apply now but the guards said no? Do we need appointment for urgent applications or can we just walk in?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My daughter applied at Burlington service centre on 25 March and was given a mail out date of 26 April. She is flying to UK on 24 May. She called the phone number couple of weeks back and requested a transfer to local office since no progress was made on her application. Got a call from Mississauga local office over the weekend that her transfer request has been accepted and to visit the office between Tuesday and Thursday this week with a new application since her earlier application wasn't even scanned by the central office. So she filled up a new application and went to the Mississauga passport office today but was turned away by the guard saying that they can only process urgent applications which are 1 or 2 days before the travel date.

Anyone had a similar experience with urgent requests? Don't they accept urgent applications with more than 1 to 2 travel dates since the person on the phone said that she can apply now but the guards said no? Do we need appointment for urgent applications or can we just walk in?
Only walkin is available at Mississauga office. As per my understanding they should have accepted the application. May be she reached late & guard had already distributed 150 tickets for the day. Ask her to reach before 6 AM tomorrow morning. I think 23rd is Holiday so technically only 2 Business Days will be left before travel date.

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
1. if my anticipated travel date is after 26 days, can i simply walk into Service Canada for applying ? It's my first passport
2. Can i use a copy of my Drivers License as a proof of ID? Do i need the copy signed by my guarantor? Do i need to specify his name on the copy?

Thanks
1. Yes, you can simply walk in to Service Canada office, hopefully the lineups aren't too long and apply for passport.
2. Also, Yes you can use DL as a proof of ID, they don't need guarantor signature on copy of ID if you are carrying originals, so do carry original, if you are not planning to carry original, then yes guarantor needs to sign, put a date, not 100% sure if they need to write their name but always good to have more rather than less

Reactions: mukicookie

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
For Requesting Status of your application, the question "where was the application submitted?" doesn't show all the Service Canada locations, what should I chose if I don't see the service Canada location where I submitted my passport application?

Bains87

Sep 4, 2014
For Requesting Status of your application, the question "where was the application submitted?" doesn't show all the Service Canada locations, what should I chose if I don't see the service Canada location where I submitted my passport application?
Actually I found out the answer, "In person" should be selected

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can we use Indian Passport as proof of identity for my 16 year old son? He became 16 recently & we could not renew his OHIP card. Current Health card does not include photo & signature.

pkshaji

Star Member
Nov 11, 2015
INDIA
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
16 DEC 2016
AOR Received.
11 JAN 2017
Passport Req..
11 APR 2017
Can we use Indian Passport as proof of identity for my 16 year old son? He became 16 recently & we could not renew his OHIP card. Current Health card does not include photo & signature.
I am not sure for what is the purpose. According to purpose it can vary. But in general
Yes, you can unless its expired or surrendered.

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
I have a conference in Seattle that i want to attend on June 21st. I became a citizen on 16th May. Expecting certificate by May end.

If I book a refundable flight for those dates - can i use this as proof of travel and get an appointment on the basis my travel is within 26 business days?

softwaretesting

Champion Member
Apr 7, 2013
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a conference in Seattle that i want to attend on June 21st. I became a citizen on 16th May. Expecting certificate by May end.

If I book a refundable flight for those dates - can i use this as proof of travel and get an appointment on the basis my travel is within 26 business days?
You can apply for passport using that ticket as proof, however won't get any preference in getting appointment. What is your location? For example they are not giving any appointment for Mississauga office & people are standing in queues overnight.

Reactions: mukicookie

mukicookie

Star Member
Jan 24, 2022
You can apply for passport using that ticket as proof, however won't get any preference in getting appointment. What is your location? For example they are not giving any appointment for Mississauga office & people are standing in queues overnight.
thanks. my location is Vancouver. I read somewhere they are now back at full capacity? What time is good for booking appointments in advance?
Also i hope they dont say that the nature of travel is not critical