May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
hi folks,
can we fill passport application By Hand?

thanks
Yes u can, but its faster for the passport office staff if u fill it on the computer and print it
It then has a qr code easily scannable for them….
But filling a form with pen is ok too

canvis2006

Champion Member
Dec 27, 2009
Toronto
Visa Office......
Paris, France
NOC Code......
FC4 - PGP
App. Filed.......
May 2009
Doc's Request.
March 2012
File Transfer...
Jan. 2013
Med's Request
May 2013
Passport Req..
July 2013
VISA ISSUED...
August 2013
LANDED..........
Sept 2013
I applied in person @ Service Canada Calgary in August without a travel date. I inquired the application status on September by email and they responded today saying "We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination"

What does this mean? Any idea how long it would take to get my passport ?

Thanks!
Hopefully that means its in processing/printing etc

Qaws

Feb 2, 2022
Hi all,

Any July applicants that applied at a regular service canada starting to receive their passport?

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
A few people I know got their passports within 2 weeks from Brampton. As for getting an appointment, often times if you keep refreshing the appointment booking pages, a spot will open up for some time the next day. But I think most people just walk in early in the morning, before opening time, or 2-3 PM, although the advantage of having an appointment is not having to wait in line.
Thank you ! I will try the same !

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Have you read through the thread? Start most recent pages and work backwards. There are several recent experiences that seem to indicate North York and downtown (Victoria st? I forget) are working with walk-ins. If you are downtown, go to the closest and ask. The commissioners (guards) seem to be reasonably nice about asking questions, f not, there will be other people around.
Was trying to find but was obviously not looking at the right place. I am going to Walk-in and see how that goes. Thanks for your reply.

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
People just want things to be served in platter to them without making any effort! Some people go as far creating a new thread to ask a basic question like what documentation do i need to submit for passport/citizenship!!!
Some people just want to judge people on what questions they are asking. Last I checked nobody assigned them as Gatekeepers of this forum for what one can or cannot ask. One may be genuinely confused or lost due to too much info / threads on this forum. If you dont like the question, ignore and move on , nobody is forcing you to reply !

Last edited:

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Thank you ! I will try the same !
Hi people!
As I promised one week ago, it’s time to share my experience with Canadian passport office, 74 Victoria Str , Toronto.
Today I picked up in person my passport and I saw that the office had prepared the passport one day before, 8 November 2022.
I gone in person to downtown Toronto last week; 4 November 2022( without appointment), waiting my turn for 2 hours and paying for an express procedure 210$. May be you asking me: - Did you show a proof of travel?-
- No! I only explained that I am travelling to do my teeth because in Canada that procedure cost a lot, but I do not have a ticket yet!-
The official didn’t say nothing, only got my application + 2 photos + asked for OHIP Card ( makes a copy) + certificate of citizenship. I payed for express service and she chose the day 9 November 2022 to pick up( same building). Believe me; official doesn’t care for guarantor or reference. Nobody called them, asking for me. It’s only to fill the application,99% nobody is going to call your guarantor or references.
please, Don’t go to Service Canada , the fastest service is ONLY Passport Office, pick up service not by post office pick up.
-I gone 4 November ( Friday)
-Saturday & Sunday is close 5,6 November)
-Monday, Tuesday printing my passport (7,8 November )
- Wednesday day 9 November, my passport was ready

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Hi people!
As I promised one week ago, it’s time to share my experience with Canadian passport office, 74 Victoria Str , Toronto.
Today I picked up in person my passport and I saw that the office had prepared the passport one day before, 8 November 2022.
I gone in person to downtown Toronto last week; 4 November 2022( without appointment), waiting my turn for 2 hours and paying for an express procedure 210$. May be you asking me: - Did you show a proof of travel?-
- No! I only explained that I am travelling to do my teeth because in Canada that procedure cost a lot, but I do not have a ticket yet!-
The official didn’t say nothing, only got my application + 2 photos + asked for OHIP Card ( makes a copy) + certificate of citizenship. I payed for express service and she chose the day 9 November 2022 to pick up( same building). Believe me; official doesn’t care for guarantor or reference. Nobody called them, asking for me. It’s only to fill the application,99% nobody is going to call your guarantor or references.
please, Don’t go to Service Canada , the fastest service is ONLY Passport Office, pick up service not by post office pick up.
-I gone 4 November ( Friday)
-Saturday & Sunday is close 5,6 November)
-Monday, Tuesday printing my passport (7,8 November )
- Wednesday day 9 November, my passport was ready
Wow that is quick ! Thanks for sharing your experience and timeline and Congratulations on your passport ! I will go to the same location then at 74 Victoria St. I was really struggling to find a guarantor but finally someone confirmed to me today they can be my guarantor so hopefully the process will be smooth now !

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Wow that is quick ! Thanks for sharing your experience and timeline and Congratulations on your passport ! I will go to the same location then at 74 Victoria St. I was really struggling to find a guarantor but finally someone confirmed to me today they can be my guarantor so hopefully the process will be smooth now !
Ok, now I’m telling what to do:
- you don’t need an appointment
- don’t need to go too early, I gone around 12:30 pm
- Go 3 floor . First ; the clerk is going to check your documents and giving you a number , and see the monitor check your number
- When your number will be called , go to the reception desk. Pay 20$ more for standard to pick up in person/ same building, right side, 3 floor
- Pay 50$ more for express service ( they made mine passport for 2 days)
- Don’t go to service Canada
- don’t send by mail , you going to waste time
- I’m not lying . Don’t forget office close 4 pm .
Good Luck !

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Ok, now I’m telling what to do:
- you don’t need an appointment
- don’t need to go too early, I gone around 12:30 pm
- Go 3 floor . First ; the clerk is going to check your documents and giving you a number , and see the monitor check your number
- When your number will be called , go to the reception desk. Pay 20$ more for standard to pick up in person/ same building, right side, 3 floor
- Pay 50$ more for express service ( they made mine passport for 2 days)
- Don’t go to service Canada
- don’t send by mail , you going to waste time
- I’m not lying . Don’t forget office close 4 pm .
Good Luck !
Haha ! Love it ! I am going to direct everyone in Toronto looking to apply for passport to this post of yours !

Reactions: Toronto1971

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
Haha ! Love it ! I am going to direct everyone in Toronto looking to apply for passport to this post of yours !
That’s my experience! Asked for express service, no proof for emergency, asked it to repair my teeth, but no ticket of aeroplane
Moment of payment the official gave me the day to pick up. The day was stamped on the receipt
Today I gone to pick up, in the passport I found out that was printed one day before

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
That’s my experience! Asked for express service, no proof for emergency, asked it to repair my teeth, but no ticket of aeroplane
Moment of payment the official gave me the day to pick up. The day was stamped on the receipt
Today I gone to pick up, in the passport I found out that was printed one day before
I am glad it was a smooth experience for you. I am going to post mine too once I apply, hopefully it will be useful for someone. Lets see how it goes.

Toronto1971

Dec 23, 2021
I am glad it was a smooth experience for you. I am going to post mine too once I apply, hopefully it will be useful for someone. Lets see how it goes.
Good luck my friend!
And something else; official never called my guarantor + references. My application was express service done in 2 days, 160$+ 50$ = 210$

Reactions: ashvez and GargiS