Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
I thought that passport delivery is supposed to be signed by someone. I saw my child's passport in our mailbox today. They were supposed to send all our 4 passports together cos it is a family of 4 application. I was expecting the passports next week as next Monday was the date they gave me but they sent 1 out of 4 a week earlier. I was home all through and no one rang the door bell as I was expecting them to do when they come to deliver it.

I'm now confused. How can they deliver 1 out of 4 passports without signature despite it written clearly on the envelope that signature is required. The Xpresspost delivery didn't drop anything to suggest that I need to pick up the rest in their office. Does it mean that the passport office produced just 1 passport for now? Thought family applications are treated together.

Please who understands what is going on here? Thanks
Where did you apply from? The agent at the Ottawa Service Canada told me that the passport would be sent by registered mail.

andrem

Star Member
Jun 27, 2014
Brazil
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-11-2014
Nomination.....
05-02-2015
Med's Request
04-03-2015
Med's Done....
26-03-2015
Passport Req..
31-03-2015
VISA ISSUED...
20-04-2015
LANDED..........
08-09-2015
Is it now considered delayed if 25 business days have passed? Wondering if I can request a transfer to passport office as mine has exceeded 25 business days but not the original 17 weeks that I had been quoted when I applied on Sept 26.
I was able to have all four applications transferred to a passport office. It was done over the phone - they still requested a travel itinerary - which has to be within the two weeks after the transfer request. Our applications were transferred to Mississauga's passport office and has an ETA for Nov 16th as we have a trip scheduled for the 17th. We are driving and the agent on the phone said hotel reservations were enough and I could also present a declaration if I wanted to. Now waiting to hear from the passport office as to when we can go pick it up... fingers crossed.

Reactions: trumprefugee

GargiS

Star Member
Jun 11, 2017
Hey everyone applying in person for Canadian passport ! I don't see any appointment availability before Jan 2023 and I donot want to wait that long. I am in downtown Toronto and donot have travel dates yet but would like to apply in person. So, are you just walking-in or is there any other way to book an appointment for application? Also, does the specific Service location matters in terms of speed and ease of application processing for example one location being faster than the other? If yes, could you pls advise me which Toronto location is better, though I am flexible and can even go to Mississauga or Brampton if that expedites my application. Thank you !

Last edited:

trumprefugee

Champion Member
Jun 6, 2017
Ottawa, ON
Category........
PNP
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
06-01-2018
Nomination.....
19-12-2017
AOR Received.
07-01-2018
IELTS Request
24-06-2017
Med's Done....
05-01-2018
Passport Req..
09-03-2018
VISA ISSUED...
02-04-2018
LANDED..........
28-05-2018
Hey everyone applying in person for Canadian passport ! I don't see any appointment availability before Jan 2023 and I donot want to wait that long. I am in downtown Toronto and donot have travel dates yet but would like to apply in person. So, are you just walking-in or is there any other way to book an appointment for application? Also, does the specific Service location matters in terms of speed and ease of application processing for example one location being faster than the other? If yes, could you pls advise me which Toronto location is better, though I am flexible and can even go to Mississauga or Brampton if that expedites my application. Thank you !
A few people I know got their passports within 2 weeks from Brampton. As for getting an appointment, often times if you keep refreshing the appointment booking pages, a spot will open up for some time the next day. But I think most people just walk in early in the morning, before opening time, or 2-3 PM, although the advantage of having an appointment is not having to wait in line.

Reactions: GargiS

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
I am in downtown Toronto and donot have travel dates yet but would like to apply in person.
Have you read through the thread? Start most recent pages and work backwards. There are several recent experiences that seem to indicate North York and downtown (Victoria st? I forget) are working with walk-ins. If you are downtown, go to the closest and ask. The commissioners (guards) seem to be reasonably nice about asking questions, f not, there will be other people around.

Reactions: Doom__V

emmycad

Star Member
Apr 20, 2018
Went to process passports for our family of 5 and was specifically told they will arrive in different envelopes at different times. However, they did say it has to signed for so odd that it was in the mailbox.
Really! This is interesting. One would have thought that they would process it together.

Doom__V

May 6, 2018
Have you read through the thread? Start most recent pages and work backwards. There are several recent experiences that seem to indicate North York and downtown (Victoria st? I forget) are working with walk-ins. If you are downtown, go to the closest and ask. The commissioners (guards) seem to be reasonably nice about asking questions, f not, there will be other people around.
People just want things to be served in platter to them without making any effort! Some people go as far creating a new thread to ask a basic question like what documentation do i need to submit for passport/citizenship!!!

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
I applied for standard passport application which doesn’t require proof of travel.
visite to day passport canada ask for expedited they asking show travel proof so i don't have deposit application standard get pickup date 23 nov 2022 everything going very smooth staff and security staff very cooperative all done 1 hrs 30 min.

Reactions: Farah2018

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017
visite to day passport canada ask for expedited they asking show travel proof so i don't have deposit application standard get pickup date 23 nov 2022 everything going very smooth staff and security staff very cooperative all done 1 hrs 30 min.

CANADA-1

Jan 17, 2017

corolla110

Star Member
Dec 7, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I applied in person @ Service Canada Calgary in August without a travel date. I inquired the application status on September by email and they responded today saying "We have received your passport application. Your file is in examination"

What does this mean? Any idea how long it would take to get my passport ?

Thanks!