+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Passport Application without a Guarantor_Process Experience

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hello All,

I recently applied for my first Canadian passport and I wanted to share my experience because I didn't use a guarantor and I know that has caused lots of people to be concerned in the past.

I got my citizenship in August 2023. I went to apply for my passport on November 03, 2023. I went to the Scarborough passport office with all my documents. I was there before they opened and spent an hour there.

I received my passport 7 business days later (it was the new version). They called 3 of my 4 references. The tracker showed they printed the passport on the 7th of November.

Goodluck to everyone, and don't be discouraged if you don't have a guarantor.

Cheers!

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hello All,

I recently applied for my first Canadian passport and I wanted to share my experience because I didn't use a guarantor and I know that has caused lots of people to be concerned in the past.

I got my citizenship in August 2023. I went to apply for my passport on November 03, 2023. I went to the Scarborough passport office with all my documents. I was there before they opened and spent an hour there.

I received my passport 7 business days later (it was the new version). They called 3 of my 4 references. The tracker showed they printed the passport on the 7th of November.

Goodluck to everyone, and don't be discouraged if you don't have a guarantor.

Cheers!
What did you sign in application form?
And what did you sign on back of photo?

And did you attach any other form or letter if you didn't have guarantor?

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
What did you sign in application form?
And what did you sign on back of photo?

And did you attach any other form or letter if you didn't have guarantor?
Hi,

No I didn't fill out the guarantor section of the passport application form.

The notary official signed the back of the passport photo.

I filled out the separate form- Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor- PPTC 132. The notary signed this form as well. I needed 2 additional references to put in this PPTC 132 form.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
Hi,

No I didn't fill out the guarantor section of the passport application form.

The notary official signed the back of the passport photo.

I filled out the separate form- Statutory Declaration in Lieu of Guarantor- PPTC 132. The notary signed this form as well. I needed 2 additional references to put in this PPTC 132 form.
Thanks for reply.. when you say 2 additional references to put in that pptc 132 form, then where are other first 2 references were out as you said total 4 were there?

Also those references can be anyone or have to be PR or who?

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Thanks for reply.. when you say 2 additional references to put in that pptc 132 form, then where are other first 2 references were out as you said total 4 were there?

Also those references can be anyone or have to be PR or who?
You're welcome. Yes I put the first two (2) references in the general passport application form. Then I put the next two (2) references in the form PPTC 132. The people don't have to be PR. The website gives the more info regarding the references.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/travel-documents-references-guarantors.html

Jd10083

Mar 8, 2020
Toronto
Category........
CEC
wow did not realise you need references for a passport. seems a bit ridiculous after going through all the checks and stuff you have to go through to get work permit, pr and finally citizenship.

desmat

Champion Member
Feb 8, 2018
wow did not realise you need references for a passport. seems a bit ridiculous after going through all the checks and stuff you have to go through to get work permit, pr and finally citizenship.
Even a guarantor sounds like a old school concept...

JasonAJason

Nov 23, 2023
Hi there, congrats!

Would you mind telling me if you got the Form PPTC 132 online or in person?

I'm trying to find a way to get the form online because there is a long line at Service Canada. Please let me know, thank you!!

Reactions: desmat

SAgrrl

Star Member
Aug 21, 2019
Hi there, congrats!

Would you mind telling me if you got the Form PPTC 132 online or in person?

I'm trying to find a way to get the form online because there is a long line at Service Canada. Please let me know, thank you!!
Thanks!
I got the PPTC 132 form in person from the Passport Canada office. I believe they could have copies of this form at some of the Notary offices as well. Or at least on some of these notary offices websites.