+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian passport application questions

Jon Snow 2020

Feb 11, 2020
Hello,

Do the photocopies of ID documents etc that are mailed with the application need to be colored or black and white copies are fine? There is no information on internet on it.

Also, is Service Canada open to accept passport applications? I understand Passport Canada offices are open but I read that they only take people who need their passports within few days. Atleast service Canada offices accept applications and return ID/citizenship certificate right away and mail the application for you (I wonder if perhaps that is a quicker way than mailing it yourself?)

Anybody went to a Service Canada office (not Passport specific office, but general Service Canada location) to submit passport applications?

Thanks.

Jon Snow 2020

Feb 11, 2020
People have discussed the Passport Canada offices in this discussion, even it the thread says it’s for mail-in apps. They’re open on a case to case basis.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/canadian-passport-mail-in-application-timelines.703707/page-98#post-9651504

Where in Canada are you?
Thanks for sharing that link. I will go through that later.

I also do realize that Service Canada locations may or may not be opened or may have limited services based in this pandemic.

I am in Ontario.

bellaluna

VIP Member
May 23, 2014
Thanks for sharing that link. I will go through that later.

I also do realize that Service Canada locations may or may not be opened or may have limited services based in this pandemic.

I am in Ontario.
Ontario is still pretty big. Kitchener and St. Catharines have recently been reported to accept walk-ins. If you’re in the GTA, no luck there.

Jon Snow 2020

Feb 11, 2020
Ontario is still pretty big. Kitchener and St. Catharines have recently been reported to accept walk-ins. If you’re in the GTA, no luck there.
I am in GTA and no luck with anything here, lol. I don't plan walk-in anyway. I read on google comments that people generally wait for 3-4 hours, EVEN with appointments at a Passport Canada location close to me. I might try regular Service Canada locations that atleast accept the passport applications. Or I might just mail it.

rajkamalmohanram

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2015
I am in GTA and no luck with anything here, lol. I don't plan walk-in anyway. I read on google comments that people generally wait for 3-4 hours, EVEN with appointments at a Passport Canada location close to me. I might try regular Service Canada locations that atleast accept the passport applications. Or I might just mail it.
My appointment was at 10:15 but I went to Kitchener passport office at 9:30 and walked out after submitting the application by 9:45 AM. There was no crowd at all.