+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian online TRV visa processing time in recent times

srip

May 13, 2013
Hello All,

I am new to this forum so please excuse me if I ask some dumb questions.

I have gone through some of the posts and I understand that there is no way to track or any ETA on Canadian online TRV visas.

I applied for TRV visa(Multiple entry) online on May 1st and haven't heard anything from them. I have my US visa appointment on May 28th and I don't think I will get my passport before that even they respond back this week and request to send my passport.

Anyone applied in recent times BTW April 15-May 5th and got any response for online TRV application .?

AshutoshP21

May 17, 2013
Hey I have also applied for TRV on 6th May.
I submitted it in person instead of online mode.
I have not received any response as yet.
Do you have any update?

robbiefernando

Star Member
Mar 18, 2013
Hey There,

The turn around time for the approval or rejection depends on the embassy you apply at. I have read so many cases here where people have been waiting for months and there are others who got the approval within days. I applied mine in Sydney and got the approval in 24 hours and the passport back in 4 days after sending. If your application gets approved they will ask you for your passport. There is a clause in the letter that will read as :

"Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure
to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your
passport "

Even if you get the request tomorrow you would still have lot of time after your interview with the US embassy to send your passport to the canadian embassy.

Hope this information helps.

Good luck :)

get_mkn

May 18, 2013
Applied Online - April 6th 2013.
Request recieved to send passport to Canadian Consulate in NY, USA - April 30th.
Passport sent by USPS Express - May 10th.
Passport delivered to consulate by USPS Express - May 11th, as per USPS tracking system. No confirmation from Consulate though.
Still waiting for my return USPS Express Envelope with stamped passport

So overall timing 32 days (didn't counted 10 days of my laziness in May ;)) and still counting.....

gunkub

May 9, 2013
Hey there

I submitted TRV online on May 9th, and have not receive any respond from the consulate yet, except for the one that said they receive my application.

I'm kind of depress right now cause I need to go to Canada on July 3rd and I don't even know if I would make it on time :(

srip

May 13, 2013
Hi AshutoshP21,

I haven't got any response yet from them and I am not sure at this point if I want to send my passport when they request it. With the posts in this forum, they are taking more than 30 day's to just return the passport with the Visa stamp which is horrible. I have my US visa appointment for May 28th and I have to change it again. The next availability is only after June at this point. Its really tough to plan anything with this and I am planning to withdraw my application. I heard LA consulate is much faster than NY.

CaymanGirl

Apr 29, 2013
I submitted my application online on April 29th, received passport request on May 9th. Sent my passport to Visa office in Jamaica (I live in the Cayman Islands) the next day. Now according to DHL tracking, My stamped passport should arrive tomorrow. So total processing time is 22 calendar days ( there was a jamaican public holiday in May).

srip

May 13, 2013
Hi CaymanGirl,

Did you apply it to NY consulate .? That seems to be very fast and this is the only hopeful post I can see for NY consulate.

gunkub

May 9, 2013
CaymanGirl said:
I submitted my application online on April 29th, received passport request on May 9th. Sent my passport to Visa office in Jamaica (I live in the Cayman Islands) the next day. Now according to DHL tracking, My stamped passport should arrive tomorrow. So total processing time is 22 calendar days ( there was a jamaican public holiday in May).
This is really fast... Mine was already almost Two weeks and still no response from them

pinklily

Apr 24, 2013
Hi
When apply TRV online how would you know which consulate its applied to??
As I have applied on April 19th 2013 yet not received any update all I see on MYCIC page "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification".... not sure why this is coming. Mine is tourist visa not student visa. DO I need to click on "OCWP - Request an EVN or a Transfer of Eligibility Verification" this link and randomly select options for the questions??
any suggestions/help??

srip

May 13, 2013
Ok, Same here.

It sounds like we need to follow-up with through mails and the fastest way to get the passport with visa stamp is to send it to LA consulate when they
request it.

gunkub

May 9, 2013
I completely agree...

As I saw many post on this board NY doesn't seems to be a good option for any TRV. The LA ones looks a lot faster and friendlier.

I need my passport on June 3rd for Canada. I hope I'll receive some msg from CIC this week and will overnight them as soon as I saw it...

P.S. can't we just mail the passport before they call for it... So that by the time they call for our PP, the PP would already be there and will got stamped right away...