+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian mom with residency in USA

Discussion in 'General - All Canadian Immigration' started by canadamommy, Aug 23, 2019.

  1. hi i am a canadian born citizen and i have my green card in washington state i have 2 babies born in the USA and their dad is a canadian citizen living in Alberta Canada are my kids Canadian and American? does that mean they have duo citizenship?
  2. Yes. You should apply for their Canadian citizenship certificates.
  3. despite of that all, the answer is maybe.
    It is because your children were born outside Canada.

    So if ever you and their dad were both born outside of Canada and got your citizenship from your Canadian parents, then your children would be second generation born abroad. And that is regardless if you or their dad would be now living in Canada.
    Of course if any of your were either born in Canada or got their citizenship by naturalisation, they are Canadian by birth.
    And attention their children in this case would not have right for Canadian citizenship if they will be born abroad (unless other parent is Canadian or the law will be changed).
  4. OP is Canadian born.
    canuck_in_uk likes this.
  5. thank you I missed that part.

Share This Page