+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian job search with CoPR

varun4936

Aug 3, 2017
Hello,

I have a CoPR and have to complete landing process by mid October 2018. I currently work in the US on an H1B visa.

My question - Do Canadian employers consider applications from the US for IT jobs in Canada with a CoPR?

All help appreciated

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hello,

I have a CoPR and have to complete landing process by mid October 2018. I currently work in the US on an H1B visa.

My question - Do Canadian employers consider applications from the US for IT jobs in Canada with a CoPR?

All help appreciated
The majority of Canadian employers probably don't even know what a COPR is. You will need to explain that you will land as a PR and have the right to work when you come to Canada.

varun4936

Aug 3, 2017
The majority of Canadian employers probably don't even know what a COPR is. You will need to explain that you will land as a PR and have the right to work when you come to Canada.
Hi canuck_in_uk, thanks for the quick response. Yes that's what i assumed as well. When I apply I do mention that I am eligible to work in Canada. So planning to explain the same thing if any employers respond back.

Foxdie

Aug 30, 2017
You apply as a Canadian PR and no need to mention anything that could put them off. Tell you are a Canadian working in US visa and would like to have job in Canada rather than working in US. Interview on phone and if everything goes well, fly to Canada to meet in person for final round etc. You always can come back to US to resume work as you have visa so no issues at the border.

varun4936

Aug 3, 2017
You apply as a Canadian PR and no need to mention anything that could put them off. Tell you are a Canadian working in US visa and would like to have job in Canada rather than working in US. Interview on phone and if everything goes well, fly to Canada to meet in person for final round etc. You always can come back to US to resume work as you have visa so no issues at the border.
Hi Foxdie, thanks for the suggestion. I will keep that in mind if I get any interview calls.

A

Albertagoverner

In IT world employers look for skill first. You can search your job with Greyhound bus station’ s address or put Bank of Montreal’s head quarter adress in resume.

100 King Street West
First Canadian Place
Toronto ON Canada

varun4936

Aug 3, 2017
In IT world employers look for skill first. You can search your job with Greyhound bus station’ s address or put Bank of Montreal’s head quarter adress in resume.

100 King Street West
First Canadian Place
Toronto ON Canada
Will assume you are being sarcastic, I know skill sets are the deciding factor. Although, my question pointed toward Canadian employers preferring to even entertain a candidate applying for a Job from the US in spite of having a CoPR.