+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian job must be related to the education and foreign work experience?

Yunudaddy

Mar 19, 2017
Hi.

Does canadian work experience have to be related to my education and foreign work experience?
Or is it okay if those are all not related in order to process CEC?

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Yunudaddy said:
Does canadian work experience have to be related to my education and foreign work experience?
Or is it okay if those are all not related in order to process CEC?
Yes, it is OK, within reason. If you were an accountant before and are suddenly claiming to be an engineer with no engineering degree, that might raise an eyebrow. But for many occupations, the exact degree does not matter.

Yunudaddy

Mar 19, 2017
jes_ON said:
Yes, it is OK, within reason. If you were an accountant before and are suddenly claiming to be an engineer with no engineering degree, that might raise an eyebrow. But for many occupations, the exact degree does not matter.
Thank you~
What if the NOC code of the job I had for 5years outside Canada is 1114(other financial officers; financial planner) and the job offer from Canada is 6311(food service supervisor)? Is it gonna bring any suspicion from CIC if I have no experience at restaurants? I have a bachelor's degree of Business Administion though,, would it help convincing PR visa officers?

I am exteremly worried if my CEC process ends up being rejected because of the qualification for the food service supervisor, after working a year as the position. Don't wanna waste time and money if there are too much risks.

steffo

Jan 10, 2017
Yunudaddy said:
Thank you~
What if the NOC code of the job I had for 5years outside Canada is 1114(other financial officers; financial planner) and the job offer from Canada is 6311(food service supervisor)? Is it gonna bring any suspicion from CIC if I have no experience at restaurants? I have a bachelor's degree of Business Administion though,, would it help convincing PR visa officers?

I am exteremly worried if my CEC process ends up being rejected because of the qualification for the food service supervisor, after working a year as the position. Don't wanna waste time and money if there are too much risks.
My foreign education and my foreign work experience had zero relation to my canadian education and canadian work experince. I got the appropriate amount of points for my foreign degree and foreign work experince (3+ years). I was therapist in my home country and went to culinary school in canada. Totally different field and noc. If that helps...

Yunudaddy

Mar 19, 2017
steffo said:
My foreign education and my foreign work experience had zero relation to my canadian education and canadian work experince. I got the appropriate amount of points for my foreign degree and foreign work experince (3+ years). I was therapist in my home country and went to culinary school in canada. Totally different field and noc. If that helps...
Thanks Steffo. So,, did you get the PR visa finally with different noc code work from canadian work??

steffo

Jan 10, 2017
...you still need 52 weeks of qualified work experience under cec and be able to prove it if you claim points for it. i hope you are aware of that.

Yunudaddy

Mar 19, 2017
steffo said:
...you still need 52 weeks of qualified work experience under cec and be able to prove it if you claim points for it. i hope you are aware of that.
Yes. I am aware of it under CEC. By the way, what if I process under FSWP? Can I claim 50 points for arranged employment only because I get the job offer based on LMIA, even if my experience is less than 52 weeks??

Pirayeh

Jul 14, 2020
Hello Dear
My foreign job experience is not related to my education (I don't have Canadian job experience), I need to know if this matter for EE, is going to be a problem or not

Thanks!