+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian job market

Ray_Of_Hope

Star Member
Nov 4, 2013
Dear all,

I have applied for FSWP in 2013 in November 2013. My file has been accepted and the lengthy verification process is underway.

My category is 2146 Aerospace Engineer. I hold BE (Aerospace) and MS (Engineering Management), both verified already from WES. I have about 8 years experience in Airline Maintenance & Engineering Department (as an Aircraft Engineer).

I have a sister who lives in Montreal Quebec.

I am looking for my job prospects. The forums say that, the job prospects are not bright for new comers, especially in my field.

I am thinking of doing Project Management Certification (PMP). Also I am planning to get Canadian Engineering License from some province.

I am a flexible person and am not dreaming of having a great job as soon as I land. But would atleast need a job to earn a living for me and my family.

Can you please provide information about whether, I should do PMP Certification and should I start for obtaining Canadian Engineering License before going to Canada. Or what else should I do? What are my options? Should I leave my field of work and branch off to some other field?

Thanks in advance.

gskn4u

Star Member
Nov 10, 2012
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-04-2014
AOR Received.
25-04-2014
IELTS Request
submitted with application
It depends. If you are smart enough to crack interveiw; you would get a job anywhere.

If you have a Canadian work experince, then it is a plus point.

Mar 23, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
With the PMP you will probably be more interesting for companies. A couple of years ago I did the same with the projectmanagement certificate for Prince2. But of course it's not a guarantee at all.