+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Immigration -- Still worth it?

fusionsa

Oct 16, 2015
Hi Folks,

I have a simple question and I would appreciate an honest answer from some one who has the first hand experience of similar circumstances.

I am 45 years old and working for a major financial company earning an extremely handsome payroll. However I am thinking of immigration to canada for the reasons of providing my children better education and to have a second passport for their future.

I have made some investments that provide me passive income and I wont be on the street if I lose my current job.

I have read many stories on the net where folks with engineering degrees (I holds masters degree in computing science) end up driving taxis or some other low level jobs just to be able to cover the expenses.

What I do not want is to have the immigration, land in canada, use my saved up income to provide a better house for my family, a decent standard of living and then not being able to find a job to cover the utilities bill or food. I will have money from my previous investments abroad to provide me enough passive income to pay for house rent but in all cases, I cant afford to sit at home for obvious reasons that I need to be able to have an income from my job to cover my day to day expenses and also to have a job that will be relevant to my line; information technology.

I understand that I will not get the management job that I have now where 15 people from different countries report to me, but at least I should be able to get a decent job in the same fields.

Now being 45 years and having such rich experience, most likely managers will not hire me for one reason I may be over qualified for the one level below job. And the job of my line of work might not be give to me but to a real canadian with canadian management experience.

Am i going to be making the biggest mistake of my life then?

What about business ventures, for example will i be able to start up a business there say with a capital of 300K $?

Please advise.

Cheers