Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Dear friends,

I have been offered a Canadian funded PhD position at the university of Alberta and I applied on 28 April 2014 (21 days ago) from VFS, Islamabad. Although I did not submit my medical examination report, my passport has been dispatched to the VFS office yesterday and the message says that the case has been processed. This is very unusual. What could be the possible outcome of my application? Has my application been refused or is it a call for a medical examination? Also, is it possible that they have issued me the visa, especially considering my previous international travel history and thus making me medical examination exempt?

I can't collect my passport for the next 5 days since I am extremely busy with my research at a very remote place.

Your comments will keep me going for the next 5 days, so please be generous :)

//Altaf

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As you have lived in a designated country for more that 6 months in the last year, you are required to pass medical examination in order to get admitted to Canada. No exceptions, I am afraid.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
So it is either a rejection or a very bizarre way of calling for a medical test :'(

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
At this moment we can just hope for the better. If it is a Med's request, it is most likely that your application is approved. That's why I prefer applying online as it speeds up receiving communication from CIC and, thus, you are able to react in a timely fashion. Keep us posted, Altaf.

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
thank you Diplomatru. Sure I will update you. I also preferred to apply online but my credit card did not go through. It will be a disaster for me if they refuse me. I had a funding of over $100,000

Diplomatru

VIP Member
May 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Dear Altaf, don't do yourself a disservice by rushing to such drastic conclusions on this early stage. You've done your part and now it is time for CIC to do determine your eligibility to come to Canada. So, just try to relax and think positive!

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Right dear friends, the Embassy refused my application for the reasons that:
1) I don't have intentions to come back to Pakistan
2) That I don't have enough funding to support myself in Canada

This is very common to hear I guess. I have clearly stated in my application that I have a family here in Pakistan and they are not going with me, that is why I will come back. About the funding, I have $100,000 cash available from Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada, all vividly mentioned in the offer letter

They are asking me to reapply, I don't know what is it that I may change in my retry. This is just insane and totally lethargic by this ignorant apathetic malaise ;D

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
1) What proof did you include to show strong ties to your home country? Maybe there's more you can do in your next application?
2) I know you are fully funded, but did you provide any evidence of what funds you yourself have?

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
I might have more links to Pakistan besides I was born here. I am on my way to the cemetery to ask my ancestors. The visa officer is not convinced that I will return home despite the fact that I visited the UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Norway, Switzerland, Ireland, Finland, Belgium, Spain and Italy................ etc and came back. For fund, I am going to get paid $2500 a month, as mentioned in the offer/contract letter ($100,000 for the four years of research). I also have a good job here in Pakistan and had included my payslip with the application. In fact, I doubt his own intentions for rejecting my application.

Regina

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2006
Beautiful British Columbia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Apply again and in your SOP focus on each of his arguments.

Your ties in your country do not mean you parents and siblings there (and not even wife and children so much) but mostly your PERSPECTIVES in your profession and career in your home country after getting PhD in Canada. Did you write a SOP and describe it there?
Also, did you provide VO with proof of funding?

altafhussaine

Star Member
Mar 13, 2014
Canada
Category........
Other
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Yes
Regina said:
Apply again and in your SOP focus on each of his arguments.

Your ties in your country do not mean you parents and siblings there (and not even wife and children so much) but mostly your PERSPECTIVES in your profession and career in your home country after getting PhD in Canada. Did you write a SOP and describe it there?
Also, did you provide VO with proof of funding?
No, I did not write any SOP. And what is VO? Please write to me on alhussain@wwf.org.pk