+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian FSW PR while on Australian PR??

DreamCanadaFsw

Sep 12, 2016
Hello everyone, I am new here and want some information. So I am basically from Pakistan and currently have Australian PR and want to apply for Canadian FSW program, following are my questions:

1) I do not have any job offer from Canada, how can I apply for FSW program since I have heard it requires you to have a job offer, my aim is to get Canadian PR whichever route suits me but I believe FSW is the best route because I got my Australian PR through their Skilled Migration Program.

2) For Australian Skilled Migration Program they have assessment authorities which assess both your Qualification and Employment ( it assesses whether employment job description matches with the skilled occupation applied for and whether you truly are skilled or not) but for Canada I have heard only qualification is assessed?

a) how does this process go on about for Canada who assesses and verifies Employment?
b) how to find which assessment authority assesses your Degress and Transcripts (Pakistani University) [WES does not have my university in their list]

3) How is Employment verified for Pakistani candidates?

4) What Documents are required to show your employment experience (apart from experience letter, payslips etc)?

5) Are all documents scanned and uploaded for Canada as well or do they require paper application? For Australia I never sent any hard copy to anywhere, every document was scanned and uploaded in Visa portal. Australia was fast and easy process I hope the same for Canada.

6) How does Canadian visa invitation rounds work?

7) For Australia each state has 'skilled occupatio list' which shows the numbers of occupations in demand for that particular state. Does Canada have anything similar to that?

:cool: Australian PR didnt require any financial proof. Is there any Financial resources Proof required for Canada FSW?

9) Will it make any problem if I gain citizenship of both Australia and Canada?

I am actually very confused about Job Offer thing wherever I look it seems like you must have a job offer to apply for Canadian PR from abroad..

akubilly

Star Member
Feb 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
DreamCanadaFsw said:
Hello everyone, I am new here and want some information. So I am basically from Pakistan and currently have Australian PR and want to apply for Canadian FSW program, following are my questions:

1) I do not have any job offer from Canada, how can I apply for FSW program since I have heard it requires you to have a job offer, my aim is to get Canadian PR whichever route suits me but I believe FSW is the best route because I got my Australian PR through their Skilled Migration Program.

2) For Australian Skilled Migration Program they have assessment authorities which assess both your Qualification and Employment ( it assesses whether employment job description matches with the skilled occupation applied for and whether you truly are skilled or not) but for Canada I have heard only qualification is assessed?

a) how does this process go on about for Canada who assesses and verifies Employment?
b) how to find which assessment authority assesses your Degress and Transcripts (Pakistani University) [WES does not have my university in their list]

4) What Documents are required to show your employment experience (apart from experience letter, payslips etc)?

5) Are all documents scanned and uploaded for Canada as well or do they require paper application? For Australia I never sent any hard copy to anywhere, every document was scanned and uploaded in Visa portal. Australia was fast and easy process I hope the same for Canada.

7) For Australia each state has 'skilled occupatio list' which shows the numbers of occupations in demand for that particular state. Does Canada have anything similar to that?

:cool: Australian PR didnt require any financial proof. Is there any Financial resources Proof required for Canada FSW?

I am actually very confused about Job Offer thing wherever I look it seems like you must have a job offer to apply for Canadian PR from abroad..
Hello Canadadream,

Congrats on your PR for Australia. I am interested in the processes in Australia.
Can you please give me a step by step breakdown? What is to be done first?
Thanks in earnest.

DreamCanadaFsw

Sep 12, 2016
akubilly said:
Hello Canadadream,

Congrats on your PR for Australia. I am interested in the processes in Australia.
Can you please give me a step by step breakdown? What is to be done first?
Thanks in earnest.
For Australian PR

1) Identify which occupation (available in skilled occupation list) matches with your job description
2) After that get your degrees and employment assessed from relevant assessment authority
3) Appear for IELTS/PTE or CAE exam, score 7 each in Ielts (some occupation may only require 6.5)
4) Depending on your occupation and total points, either go for independent subclass 189 visa or state nominated subclass 190 or 489

Visit official website and understand how point system works and whether you qualify or not.

DreamCanadaFsw

Sep 12, 2016
Kindly help me out. If anyone knows answer to any of these questions please answer, it doesnt have to be for all of them. I am here to understand Canadian PR under FSW stream.

qureishi

Dec 9, 2011
Why you want to leave Australian PR ?

Many of my friends went to Australia and saying its much better then Canada.

For job situation both are same.But atleast Aus is better in weather !

Reg,
Q.

DreamCanadaFsw

Sep 12, 2016
qureishi said:
Why you want to leave Australian PR ?

Many of my friends went to Australia and saying its much better then Canada.

For job situation both are same.But atleast Aus is better in weather !

Reg,
Q.
Weather is one of the reason why.. because its unbearably hot in Australia. Sun and clear blue sky does come with an extreme disadvantage of scorching heat.

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
DreamCanadaFsw said:

Hi DreamCanada,

I applied through Federal Skill workers program in 2014 december and I got my confirmation of PR last month. Things are different back in 2014 and now in 2016. Now you have to go through a process called express entry and get an invitation from CIC to apply for Canadian PR. You may need to check CIC website or google for more details as it is different from the time I applied.
2. Your educational qualifications will be assessed by an approved agency in Canada. You have to send notary attested copies of your educational certs and also sealed transcript of your education to any of those agencies. For my case, i did through a agency called WES which is a popular agency who do this stuff. I am holding Indian passport with Singapore education background. So not so sure about Pakistan University though. You can email to them and ask. By the way I didn't check if my university is listed in WES or not.
3. Employment will be verified by CIC itself. You have to give detailed description of your job duties and responsibilities from all the offices you worked (Preferably with company stamp and signature)
4. For my case, I wrote down detailed description about my job, day to day activity etc and get signed by my manager. That is all. You can include job offer letter copies, pay slips, long year achievement cert(if you have any from your employer) etc to show as proof of your work experience
5. All are through hardcopy except medical. For medical, nowadays is online submission which is done by the clinic themself
6. I don't know
7. I am not sure about it
8. Yes. You need to show sufficient funds for applying Canada PR
9. I don't know

monsters

Jun 13, 2016
You may refer to this forum thread for more details of express entry

http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/express-entry-step-by-step-instructions-t273928.0.html