+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian firm not giving me letter containing responsibilities

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Hi,

Will keep this short. I worked for a major telecom firm in Canada and it adds to my CEC application as I complete one year if I include that experience. Now, they manage their employment services through a separate portal/call center, I got the employment confirmation letter with job title, salary, tenure, hours; but they are not including my responsibilities in that letter citing that they are not allowed to write that due to legal reasons. My manager who hired me is ready to give me reference letter ( his name is also in my offer letter), but the caveat is that he no longer works for the same company hence the letter will not be on official company's letterhead.
Can anyone help me with this, is there a way around it?

Thanks.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
Hi,

Will keep this short. I worked for a major telecom firm in Canada and it adds to my CEC application as I complete one year if I include that experience. Now, they manage their employment services through a separate portal/call center, I got the employment confirmation letter with job title, salary, tenure, hours; but they are not including my responsibilities in that letter citing that they are not allowed to write that due to legal reasons. My manager who hired me is ready to give me reference letter ( his name is also in my offer letter), but the caveat is that he no longer works for the same company hence the letter will not be on official company's letterhead.
Can anyone help me with this, is there a way around it?

Thanks.
Hey! i think we probably worked for same company hahah, anyways, i was in the same boat! I wrote a letter personally what i did at work. I had an email from HR stating they will not list my responsibilities for legal reasons, i PDF that email, attached it with my work proof. I added T4 and Record of Employment from service Canada. While my PR application is still in progress, my eligibility has been cleared. So i am guessing it might have worked.

ak120289

Nov 3, 2018
Hey! i think we probably worked for same company hahah, anyways, i was in the same boat! I wrote a letter personally what i did at work. I had an email from HR stating they will not list my responsibilities for legal reasons, i PDF that email, attached it with my work proof. I added T4 and Record of Employment from service Canada. While my PR application is still in progress, my eligibility has been cleared. So i am guessing it might have worked.
haha thanks. Did it rhyme with hell? wait eligibility clearance and getting PR are not the same thing? Regarding the letter, I was thinking I can notarize the letter which my ex manager provides me. I am worried coz my first application was rejected because i didnt mention the responsibilities which was my bad tbh.

movais

Sep 10, 2018
haha thanks. Did it rhyme with hell? wait eligibility clearance and getting PR are not the same thing? Regarding the letter, I was thinking I can notarize the letter which my ex manager provides me. I am worried coz my first application was rejected because i didnt mention the responsibilities which was my bad tbh.
haha no, it was different i guess lol
No, my security is in process right now.
I think you can notarize it, get one written from your manager. Also write your own letter explaining what happened. Do you have an email from HR stating they will not write the letter? If you can get that, i think that can convince IRCC agent. because if company can't provide it, wtf are we supposed to do. Also on CIC website, it states Canadian Work Experience proof may be T4, record of employment and blah blah.

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

1. Include a letter of explanation about the company refusing to write the job duties and responsibilities, and include documentation (e.g. email refusal, company policy, etc.)
2. Include the letter from your former manager, make sure it explains what his former job was and that he no longer works there and gives his current contact information. It does not need to be notarized.
3. Don't forget to include other employment records like the T4, final paystub, Record of employment, etc.

Last edited:

Hmstr

Star Member
Mar 31, 2017
My HR doesn’t do that either, so I went to my direct manager for a second letter just for my duties and responsibilities, in addition to the standard HR letter with rest of the info. Maybe try that? Make sure the letter include as much as possible under the NOC code but paraphrase them so not copy and paste word to word from the website.

Reactions: jes_ON