+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experts

matart

Jul 23, 2009
Dear Canadian Experts.
i have 2 questions :
1- how long we do need to wait inside Toronto Airport after landing in order to finish all the landing procedures (i'm FSW Immigrant Visa)
2- which is the most proper transportation which can transport me and my wife in addition to more than 120 Kg of luggage from Toronto to Montreal (QC) ?

thanks for your inputs...

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

matart said:
Dear Canadian Experts.
i have 2 questions :
1- how long we do need to wait inside Toronto Airport after landing in order to finish all the landing procedures (i'm FSW Immigrant Visa)
2- which is the most proper transportation which can transport me and my wife in addition to more than 120 Kg of luggage from Toronto to Montreal (QC) ?

thanks for your inputs...
1. It could be an hour, it could be 3 hours, it depends on how many people are landing at the same time.
2. Rental Van, as it 540 Km. Why not buy a ticket from your home to Toronto and then to Montreal? Let me guess you don't have a CSQ?

PMM

matart

Jul 23, 2009
Dear PMM
Thanks in advance for your valuable answer, but would u pls explain what is the CSQ?
2- am I allowed to drive a car using my international DL?
3- which Documents I have to show them directly in the airport? Is my education and Employer references are necessary to be shown in the Airport?

Thanks

GOAN7

Jan 4, 2009
Matart my family and self did our landing on the 20th of July, it was really smooth, after you de-plane go to the Immigration counter, your passports will be checked, you will be then sent to an office just behind the Immigration counters, here your passports,COPR, will be checked, you should mention if you are carrying more than 10000 c$ in cash or draft, also you might be asked to show your funds, provide a local address for the delivery of the PR card, you will be then individually asked to sign the COPR (only those 18 and above, minors father has to sign), a copy of the COPR will be given. After you have finished Immigration collect your luggage and proceed for the customs, here you will be asked about the goods you are bringing and if you have goods to follow then you need to present in duplicate the goods that will follow, one copy the customs officer will keep and the other will be stamped and given to you, if everything is ok you should be finished and starting your new life in Canada in less than an hour, we were given all the possible help from the Immigration to the Custom officers, they were kind and always ready to help

matart

Jul 23, 2009
Dear Goan7
thanks for your answer, but what is CORP?? i never heard about it.
and do you mean that they'll not ask me to show all my documents (Education, Refernces, Resumes)

Thanks

GOAN7

Jan 4, 2009
Hi Matart,

COPR (confirmation of permanant residence) this is the long paper with your photo, which was sent to you alongwith your stamped passport , as far I know no resume, reference was asked in my case

vamsi001

Star Member
Jul 11, 2009
To Matart************* CSQ is a Certificat de sélection du Québec ( Québec Selection Certificate). It s for Quebec Nominee applicants. You are not a quebec nominee applicant are you? If you are, then you would have received that certificate with when your nomination was approved. I agree with with what Goan7 said in its entirety.

Tp Goan7************** I also landed on august 2nd of 2009, am still yet to receive PR card, Goan7, have you received yours? Are you working yet? Also am yet to receive my health card, have you receeived yours?

GOAN7

Jan 4, 2009
Hi Vamsi001,

recd my new PR cards after 40 days,finished my health procedures not yet recd the health cards, not yet working, have distributed my resume's, hoping for the best