+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience problem

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
Hello Guys,

I have 2 yrs of experience in Canada but Express entry profile is only calculating points for one year. I was in Canada from Oct 2012 - Oct 2013 and then I came back in Feb 2014 and working in Canada till now.

Is any aware what is the problem? Why is EE profile only calculating points for 1 year?

Thanks

mvmt

Jan 29, 2015
Hi there!

I think that the problem is that even though you have 2 years in total, they are not continuous.

Charli123

Feb 12, 2015
To be considered for the Canadian Experience Class, you need to have Canadian skilled work experience within three years of applying. According to the Canadian National Occupational Classification (NOC), skilled work experience means:

Managerial jobs (NOC skill level 0)
Professional jobs (NOC skill type A)
Technical jobs and skilled trades (NOC skill type B)
Your experience must be at least 12 months of full-time (30 hours of paid work per week or more) or an equal amount in part-time hours.

SMCANADAVISA

Oct 21, 2014
Charli123 said:
Hello Guys,

I have 2 yrs of experience in Canada but Express entry profile is only calculating points for one year. I was in Canada from Oct 2012 - Oct 2013 and then I came back in Feb 2014 and working in Canada till now.

Is any aware what is the problem? Why is EE profile only calculating points for 1 year?

Thanks
Atleast you got points for 1 year. I scored 0 for my Canadian experience duration and was told by my attorney that it's a problem with the system and CIC is aware of it. But looks like the problem still exists.