+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience- Employer not providing letter options

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
Hello I am on Open Work permit and have worked in Canada for 1 year in IT +. I am trying to improve our points however, my employer an India based IT Consulting company is not providing experience letter / reference letter with roles and responsibilities with the required verbiage.

What are the options to show my employment in Canada to claim the points for Canadian Experience.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Hello I am on Open Work permit and have worked in Canada for 1 year in IT +. I am trying to improve our points however, my employer an India based IT Consulting company is not providing experience letter / reference letter with roles and responsibilities with the required verbiage.

What are the options to show my employment in Canada to claim the points for Canadian Experience.
Can you clarify something. Are you currently employed with an employer that is located and operates in Canada? If your employer is based in India and you consulting remotely in Canada, that is not Canadian experience under CEC. You need to read the CEC requirements again, what you are describing is foreign working experience. You will get points but not 50 points for CEC.

su0du0tict

Star Member
Jul 12, 2018
1.Employer based in Canada and India- Operates in Canada as well
2. Client based in Canada - going to Client Location every week
3. Payroll run in Canada
4. T4 Generated in Canada

Employer not wiling to provide experience letter for Canada.

darkhorse001

Mar 29, 2023
Toronto
Category........
CEC
You can check with your senior colleagues if they could sign reference letter with letterhead for roles and responsibilities.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
1.Employer based in Canada and India- Operates in Canada as well
2. Client based in Canada - going to Client Location every week
3. Payroll run in Canada
4. T4 Generated in Canada

Employer not wiling to provide experience letter for Canada.
It sounds odd then that an employer would refuse to prepare a proper reference letter.