+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

canadian experience class

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Hello all, i did Masters of computer application from india, i came in canada in september 2015 and did two programs. After that i did job as IT support analyst for 8 months, my working hour were 75 bi weekly. my question is if i will do 4 more months under different noc category like not in IT , will it calculate as experience. can i show both job experience as one year 8+4 months.
Thanks

bimale4bipeople

VIP Member
Apr 15, 2018
Hello all, i did Masters of computer application from india, i came in canada in september 2015 and did two programs. After that i did job as IT support analyst for 8 months, my working hour were 75 bi weekly. my question is if i will do 4 more months under different noc category like not in IT , will it calculate as experience. can i show both job experience as one year 8+4 months.
Thanks
These are the requirements for CEC Work Exp...
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/immigrate-canada/express-entry/eligibility/canadian-experience-class.html
  • have at least 1 year of skilled work experience in Canada, in the last 3 years before you apply. The work was:
    • full-time or
    • an equal amount in part-time
  • have gained your work experience by working in Canada legally
Under CEC you do not need continuous work experience and can be under either NOC 0, A, B skill types

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
i will do 4 more months under different noc category like not in IT , will it calculate as experience. can i show both job experience as one year 8+4 months.
Under the CEC program, to meet the one year requirement, you can combine different jobs and NOCs. So as long as the 2nd job is skilled and full-time, then, yes.

kajnala

Star Member
Oct 16, 2015
Under the CEC program, to meet the one year requirement, you can combine different jobs and NOCs. So as long as the 2nd job is skilled and full-time, then, yes.
i came as international student here so it good to go in that way and also whats the requirement for the ielts score for applying thanks.

FionaJabberwacky

Jan 17, 2018
Hi,
I am applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class. Do I have to include my tax assessment statements anywhere?
For Proof of Funds, there are two sections under instructions: one for Temporary Residents and another for those applying for PR. Under instructions for Temporary Residents they ask for a lot of documents including tax info. While I am applying for PR, I am also a temporary resident in Canada at present being a work permit holder. Right now, as proof of funds I have included a letter from my bank and bank statements for the last 6 months, as per instructions under PR section. So, I don't know if I need to include my tax info either under Proof of Funds or Job section.
Thanks in advance!

monkeyspanner

Sep 7, 2017
Canada
Category........
CEC
App. Filed.......
25-10-2017
AOR Received.
25-10-2017
Med's Done....
08-11-2017
Passport Req..
19-12-2017
Hi,
I am applying for PR under Canadian Experience Class. Do I have to include my tax assessment statements anywhere?
For Proof of Funds, there are two sections under instructions: one for Temporary Residents and another for those applying for PR. Under instructions for Temporary Residents they ask for a lot of documents including tax info. While I am applying for PR, I am also a temporary resident in Canada at present being a work permit holder. Right now, as proof of funds I have included a letter from my bank and bank statements for the last 6 months, as per instructions under PR section. So, I don't know if I need to include my tax info either under Proof of Funds or Job section.
Thanks in advance!
There is no obligation to include Tax T4s or NOAs for a CEC application. Some people use this data to support their work experience information. You do not need to include any POFs information for CEC applications.

Last edited:

jes_ON

VIP Member
Jun 22, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
New York
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-May-2010
AOR Received.
13-Aug-2010
File Transfer...
01-Mar-2011
Passport Req..
30-Jun-2011
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jul-2011 (received 25-Jul-2011)
LANDED..........
03-Sep-2011
Hi,

See the section, "Proof of Work Experience" - you would include with your letter of reference as employment records.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

IRCC wants you to include T4s and NOAs if you have work experience in Canada. They cannot (by law) make it mandatory. So the choice is yours - do you want to make it easy for IRCC to approve your application (by including tax documents)? Or do you want to make their job more difficult (by refusing to provide)? I think the choice is easy - my recommendation is to include them.

For Proof of Funds, there are two sections under instructions: one for Temporary Residents and another for those applying for PR. Under instructions for Temporary Residents they ask for a lot of documents including tax info. While I am applying for PR, I am also a temporary resident in Canada at present being a work permit holder. Right now, as proof of funds I have included a letter from my bank and bank statements for the last 6 months, as per instructions under PR section.

You do NOT need to provide proof of funds under CEC, but you do need to upload a letter of explanation:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1145&top=29

"Note: You do not have to meet the funds requirement if you were invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class.

The system currently asks all applicants to provide a proof of funds document. If you don’t need to provide proof of funds, you must upload a letter explaining either that you have been invited to apply under the Canadian Experience Class, or that you have a valid job offer."