+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Experience Class Express Entry

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
I have 5 years of foreign work experience in a government company and the company is under a Civil Service Code. The company can't issue a certificate that has Canada's equivalency of the position title because that’s not the title when I get hired. They provided a payslip, position description, certificate of employment, and letter of explanation why they can’t issue the certification that shows the position equivalency. Can anyone help me figure out if the documents I mentioned will be enough proof that I have foreign work experience even if my application is through CEC?
Thanks.

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
I have 5 years of foreign work experience in a government company and the company is under a Civil Service Code. The company can't issue a certificate that has Canada's equivalency of the position title because that’s not the title when I get hired
Thanks.
If you are talking about NOC code job titles and your job title at your company, they do not need to match. What is more important is the list of duties.

There is no certificate process to issue a "Canada equivalency" for a job title in the eyes of the IRCC for EE CEC.

Here is the operational manual an IRCC officer will use to view your application:
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/economic-classes/experience/qualifying-work-experience.html#toc3

You can see that after they ensure you worked for 12 months, they only want to check two things:
  • performed the actions described in the lead statement for the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(b)]
  • performed a substantial number of the main duties, including all the essential duties, of the occupation(s) as set out in the occupational description of the NOC [R87.1(2)(c)]

Everything else they ask you is to help them validate your claims

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
Hi, On the link you provider there is nothing mentioned about the Foreign work experience for the Canadian experience. Or maybe mislook it.

Last edited:

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
On the duties, what if it's not exactly the same words or sentences as what it is on the list for social and community service workers? I can't attached a screenshot of the duties when I work there.

thefirstyeet

Jul 5, 2023
Sorry the question was posted under CEC and forgot that you asked about foreign work experience.

I am not as familiar with FSW pathway, but for your question if its not exactly the same words for your job duties, that is good because if you just copy and paste directly from the NOC it looks like you are just making it up. The job duties should be similar but not exactly the same words. This is atleast the advice I had for CEC.

Sree2750

Star Member
Oct 27, 2021
Hi Guys, had a question. I m looking to apply under the CEC, and have been working in Canada for 2 years now, but if I add my wife, who is from outside canada, will I still qualify for CEC or will it be FSW? Thanks.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi Guys, had a question. I m looking to apply under the CEC, and have been working in Canada for 2 years now, but if I add my wife, who is from outside canada, will I still qualify for CEC or will it be FSW? Thanks.
You will still qualify for CEC.

iloveblue_violet

May 11, 2022
Sorry, the question was posted under CEC and forgot that you asked about foreign work experience.

I am not as familiar with the FSW pathway, but for your question, if it's not the same words for your job duties, that is good because if you just copy and paste directly from the NOC it looks like you are just making it up. The job duties should be similar but not the same words. This is at least the advice I had for CEC.
How about foreign work experience? In the not same words, does it apply to foreign work experience as well? The Certificate of Employment they wrote on it is the original main duty I have and not based on the NOC of Social and Community Service Workers. Do you think it will be acceptable? I have a payslip and other documents from my foreign worker as proof of employment.

Last edited: