+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Employer Applying for LMO -- NEED HELP PLEASE

johnralston

Sep 3, 2011
Hi there

I have met an amazingly talented computer consultant who is currently in Canada as a tourist from South Korea (as far as I can tell he flew in and did not need any special VISA).

I've been in discussion with him and want to hire him to work in my company, which raises the following questions (please bear with me I have never applied for a LMO):

1) Can I apply for an LMO for him WHILE he is in Canada? Do they have any way of tracking this? Is it relevant?

2) He did not finish his degree and his english is substandard. Are these considerations? Or would an impressive portfolio demonstrate his skill sufficiently?

3) How can I demonstrate that I have looked in the Canadian market for equivalent employees? Craigslist Ads? Or what do they want to document this?

4) What are the most common reasons to have an LMO rejected? If rejected, does this ruin his ability to apply again or visit Canada again?

Thank you so much for your answers.

John

hammet

Sep 3, 2011
John, have you submitted your employment ad on the Canadian Job Bank website? My husbands employer had to do this for a certain time frame before he was eligible to submit an LMO application.

Mishlen

Sep 20, 2011
Hello, John. My name is Mikhail. I've more than 3 years experience as retail salesperson (computers, home appliances and electronics). I have a lot of knowledge about computers and associated equipment, home electronics, appliances, different gadgets, also I've excellent customer service skills. I'm very interested to work and live in Canada. At the current moment i live in Russia.
If your are interested, please, feel free to e-mail me at mkashapov@yahoo.com. I'll send my resume and answer on your following questions with pleasure.
Thank your for your time. Best regards, Mikhail.