+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Diploma

shamoo

May 22, 2017
Hi,

I started my Canadian Diploma in Business Administration on 18th January of 2017 and completed the Diploma on 09-Mar-2018 (the result of my passing the last exam came out on 09-Mar-2018). I attended the courses in intensive method with the view to complete the course in the shortest possible time. I received a letter of completion from the University.

As per the University, under the duration of the program, the program details mentions that it is possible to complete the program between 1 to 4 years.

The Completion letter states that I completed the program through an intensive schedule, while many students complete the same program of study over two (2) academic years and that I will be receiving my Diploma in June 2018. I would like to immediately complete my express entry profile so that I can be early in the queue.

While filling the IRCC Express Entry Profile under the study section, what option should I select for the following questions?

1) Completed/Full Academic years: If I click the "?" mark, it says "You must enter the number of full academic years you completed, supported by a final transcript."
In my transcript, the starting date of the first course is 18-Jan-2017 and the last course ending date is shown as 23-Feb-2018.
So should I put, 1 year or 2 years as the reply in the box?

2) Under the level of education, should I put the level as
(a) 1-year program at the University, OR (b) 2 years program at the University?

3) For the question "Was I awarded the Canadian Diploma under this period of study?"
Noting that I have received only the letter of completion and not the actual diploma as on date. The actual Diploma will be received in June 2018. Considering the above, should I put the answer in the answer box as "Yes" or "No".

If i put "No" i am not receiving the credit for the course. If i put yes i get 15 points. Hence this question.

Thanks in advance for your kind advice.

Last edited: