+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian degree before convocation

omiddaily

Feb 13, 2017
Hello folks,

I received my ITA and I have to file the e-APR soon. I have just graduated from a Canadian university and I have received the program completion letter and a letter from Senate indicating the award of my degree. However, the actual degree parchment will be awarded at the next convocation. What should I do in my express entry application for proof of education? Do they need the copy of actual degree?

Please help!!

Thank you

movingforward!!

Star Member
Dec 8, 2015
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10/02/2017
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
10/02/2017
Med's Request
Upfront
You can get a letter of completion from the Registrar's office. The letter will outline that you have successfully completed the program and a degree will be awarded at convocation.

Hope this helps.

Rousi

Oct 16, 2013
Hi,

I was wondering if you have got any success with using the graduation letter?
I am in the same position so when filing the profile I wrote that my degree was awarded on the date I got the graduation letter. However if I get an ITA i probably would still have chance to upload my actual degree as it will be conferred within the 90 days to fill the application. I am afraid that they reject it since I technically didn't state the correct date for degree awarded :(

Reactions: yhome and M.Gouda

thinkshady

Jun 26, 2016
NOC Code......
Rousi said:
Hi,

I am in the same position so when filing the profile I wrote that my degree was awarded on the date I got the graduation letter. However if I get an ITA i probably would still have chance to upload my actual degree as it will be conferred within the 90 days to fill the application. I am afraid that they reject it since I technically didn't state the correct date for degree awarded :(
I would not recommend that. This might lead to rejection.

M.Gouda

Star Member
Apr 26, 2017
Hi,

I would not recommend that. This might lead to rejection.
Hi Rousi, have you found anything regarding this issue??

I did exactly the same as what u did!

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016

Hi M.Gouda, was this method successful?
Hi omiddaily, how did the process go afterwards?

Hi,

You can get a letter of completion from the Registrar's office. The letter will outline that you have successfully completed the program and a degree will be awarded at convocation.

Hope this helps.
Hello folks,

I received my ITA and I have to file the e-APR soon. I have just graduated from a Canadian university and I have received the program completion letter and a letter from Senate indicating the award of my degree. However, the actual degree parchment will be awarded at the next convocation. What should I do in my express entry application for proof of education? Do they need the copy of actual degree?

Please help!!

Thank you

Hello, would you please tell me what did you decided at the end for your express entry application? Currently, I am in the same situation. Its really very confusing :(

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hello, would you please tell me what did you decided at the end for your express entry application? Currently, I am in the same situation. Its really very confusing :(
Just submit the completion letter which you can get it from your univerity. Attach your original transcripts as well. Explain in LOE.

yhome

Star Member
Mar 23, 2016
After I called CIC, they told me that i should wait till my degree is awarded. Thus, I waited till my convocation to claim the education points.

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018

vaishnavi

Jun 18, 2016
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
15-06-2018
IELTS Request
07-04-2018
Med's Done....
22-05-2018
Passport Req..
30-07-2018
LANDED..........
13-08-2018
Hello Vaishnavi, wow. Thanks a lot !
So they didn't asked for any other documents later on ? and after graduation do we need to submit our original degree certificate to CIC ?
All I did was while submitting my eAPR I attached my completion letter and original transcripts with LOE. Later when I received my original degree I raised CSE. My GCMS notes too says the same and the officer had accepted the points I claimed for my Canadian education.

Reactions: enigmatic99

enigmatic99

Star Member
Jun 27, 2016
All I did was while submitting my eAPR I attached my completion letter and original transcripts with LOE. Later when I received my original degree I raised CSE. My GCMS notes too says the same and the officer had accepted the points I claimed for my Canadian education.
I do have almost all required documents except degree certificate. My convocation date is last week of May, 2019. Its almost 9 months to go. Does CIC consider for this much period of time as it almost takes 5-6 months to finalize whole process of PR application?

If I fill up the express entry profile now what should I put (a or b) for education qualification?

Standing at the end of study period?
Available options are-
a. In good standing but no diploma or degree awarded
b. Certificate or diploma or degree awarded

Reactions: jamilmuradov