+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian College Vancouver - 2 year diploma program and PGWPP?

gutts79

Aug 6, 2016
Hello all,

I am from abroad, and I am planning to apply for a 2 year International Trading diploma program in Canadian College, Vancouver. I browsed the forum and found that there are various comments about PGWPP eligibility after graduation. Does anyone have information about this college regarding PGWPP status, or is anyone here have graduated from this school and obtained a PGWPP? The school has a DLI number in CIC webpage, but I heard that it is not a guarantee.

Any solid information would be extremely helpful for my decision of application.

Thanks in advance.

G

Bs65

VIP Member
Mar 22, 2016
The problem is that Canadian College shows as a private college not a public college and it does seem common for attendance at a private college to not count for a PGWP.

Difficult to say if a PGWP would be granted unless someone else has been to this college and applied. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_College

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
Hello G,

Everyone here is from 'abroad' in a way ;D.

As to your college, I couldn't find the name in this CIC document.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/forms/imm5961e.pdf

Hope this helps you to make your decision and get onboard for visa process.

Good Luck

gutts79

Aug 6, 2016
Bs65 and GymGuy, thank you for your replies.

Gymguy, I believe the list in the form corresponds to SPP for India only (I am not from India, but Greece). The DLI# of Canadian College is O19352621432 as indicated in page 4 of CIC's list when British Columbia tab is selected (in the study institutions list).

If you guys strongly believe that Canadian College will result with non-PGWPP, can you suggest any public colleges with similar 2-year International Trade diploma education?

Thanks.

G

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
gutts79 said:
Bs65 and GymGuy, thank you for your replies.

Gymguy, I believe the list in the form corresponds to SPP for India only (I am not from India, but Greece). The DLI# of Canadian College is O19352621432 as indicated in page 4 of CIC's list when British Columbia tab is selected (in the study institutions list).

If you guys strongly believe that Canadian College will result with non-PGWPP, can you suggest any public colleges with similar 2-year International Trade diploma education?

Thanks.

G
I tend to agree with Bs65. On the same note, do more research before you fianlly decide. Cheers