Med's Request
16-07-2015
Med's Done....
23-07-2015
Passport Req..
08-02-2016
VISA ISSUED...
23-02-2016
Hello all. Is there any forum out here for Canadian citizenship and those that recently got citizenship. Let’s talk about that. Thank you

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE IF you can

I applied for citizenship last year 2019 I just Had overhead of 11 days that means my phsical presence was just 11 days extra from what was reuired I gave the test and in march and passed. when they were verufying the info over there they saw my passport and there was entry In INdia which was 30th octoober 2018 where else it Should had been 30th september 2018 I went India because My dad passed away and I ended up 1 month short which I was able to prove that I Provided the correct dates so the immigration office told me thats fine you can show your flight tickets so they were satisfied but they asked e m to mail it an I did. Now I was waiting for my oath ceremoney today I recieved another inquiry of the undeclared entry happe at canadian north portal border IN SK on 17th april 2015(I was a student and was on studey permit back then).......they are thiinking I crossed the border actaully My husband who was my fiance that time became PR that day So I accompanied him to the border North Protal for Flag poling ceremoney. I was sitting in car when he did his flag poling and he came back to canadian border for rest of the formailtied and I accomapnied him in the office I Dont remember whether I was asked by visa office why I came him or any identification proof also I was on student visa back then but I never crosed the border beither I had any US visa at That time. They are saying that I have undeclared enty In ICES report at north portal.

Please advise what explanation I should give I am tthinking to tell that I went with my fiance who is my husband now for flagpoling but never crossed the border also I was on student visa thinking to send the copies of my all the pages of the passports as there ie no stamps of exiting and entering th eborder that day I dont know how that appeare din their record

any suggestions would helpful thanks

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
PLEASE HELP AND ADVISE IF you can

I applied for citizenship last year 2019 I just Had overhead of 11 days that means my phsical presence was just 11 days extra from what was reuired I gave the test and in march and passed. when they were verufying the info over there they saw my passport and there was entry In INdia which was 30th octoober 2018 where else it Should had been 30th september 2018 I went India because My dad passed away and I ended up 1 month short which I was able to prove that I Provided the correct dates so the immigration office told me thats fine you can show your flight tickets so they were satisfied but they asked e m to mail it an I did. Now I was waiting for my oath ceremoney today I recieved another inquiry of the undeclared entry happe at canadian north portal border IN SK on 17th april 2015(I was a student and was on studey permit back then).......they are thiinking I crossed the border actaully My husband who was my fiance that time became PR that day So I accompanied him to the border North Protal for Flag poling ceremoney. I was sitting in car when he did his flag poling and he came back to canadian border for rest of the formailtied and I accomapnied him in the office I Dont remember whether I was asked by visa office why I came him or any identification proof also I was on student visa back then but I never crosed the border beither I had any US visa at That time. They are saying that I have undeclared enty In ICES report at north portal.

Please advise what explanation I should give I am tthinking to tell that I went with my fiance who is my husband now for flagpoling but never crossed the border also I was on student visa thinking to send the copies of my all the pages of the passports as there ie no stamps of exiting and entering th eborder that day I dont know how that appeare din their record

any suggestions would helpful thanks
You are posting in the wrong section of the forum. You need to post your question to the Citizenship section of the forum.

You should have included the flagpole in your list of absences in the citizenship application even though you left and returned the same day. By flagpoling you exited Canada. So this needed to be included. And yes, you did in fact cross the border. You have to leave Canada to flagpole (even though you never enter the U.S.).

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
You are posting in the wrong section of the forum. You need to post your question to the Citizenship section of the forum.

You should have included the flagpole in your list of absences in the citizenship application even though you left and returned the same day. By flagpoling you exited Canada. So this needed to be included. And yes, you did in fact cross the border. You have to leave Canada to flagpole (even though you never enter the U.S.).
I think you didn't read my whole post properly ....it's not me who did the flag poling my fiance did the flag poling I was just in the office waiting for him

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think you didn't read my whole post properly ....it's not me who did the flag poling my fiance did the flag poling I was just in the office waiting for him
I understand. I'm extremely familiar with flagpoling.

To get to that office, you had to exit Canada and then re-enter Canada. That's the definition of flagpoling.

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
I understand. I'm extremely familiar with flagpoling.

To get to that office, you had to exit Canada and then re-enter Canada. That's the definition of flagpoling.
Yes again....I didn't do the flag poling .....so I didn't leave the country and entered again

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Yes again....I didn't do the flag poling .....so I didn't leave the country and entered again
Then IRCC/CBSA would have no record of you having been at the border and this wouldn't be an issue.

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
Then IRCC/CBSA would have no record of you having been at the border and this wouldn't be an issue.
Yes that's what I don't get why they have my entry there....I did got to the office ....I think they asked me who am I and why I am accompanying him so they asked for my identification ....and I think they recorded that their

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
Yes that's what I don't get why they have my entry there....I did got to the office ....I think they asked me who am I and why I am accompanying him so they asked for my identification ....and I think they recorded that their
Also I don't have any stamp on my passport leaving the country and entering the country that day...no stamps at all

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Also I don't have any stamp on my passport leaving the country and entering the country that day...no stamps at all
That's normal. They allowed you back in based on your valid study permit.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
It's impossible to reach that office without leaving Canada and re-entering. You can only go to that office if you have left Canada and then re-entered. This is why they have a record of you. You did in fact leave Canada even if you didn't realize it at the time. You just didn't enter the U.S. You can leave Canada and re-enter Canada without ever entering the U.S.

bhalla89

Oct 27, 2020
It's impossible to reach that office without leaving Canada and re-entering. You can only go to that office if you have left Canada and then re-entered. This is why they have a record of you. You did in fact leave Canada even if you didn't realize it at the time. You just didn't enter the U.S. You can leave Canada and re-enter Canada without ever entering the U.S.
Thanks for that explanation now I understand....but Are you sre about that.....then I can just write them in the letter that I was just accompanying him to the border so he can do the flag poling ....but I didn't formally leave or entered canada...I was just in the office there ??

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for that explanation now I understand....but Are you sre about that.....then I can just write them in the letter that I was just accompanying him to the border so he can do the flag poling ....but I didn't formally leave or entered canada...I was just in the office there ??
Again, it's impossible for you to have spoken with the CBSA officer in that office without having formally left Canada. You can only go into that office when you are re-entering Canada. You formally left and re-enter Canada - that is why they have a record of you re-entering Canada. Their records are correct. You need to explain that you left and re-entered Canada same day to flagpole with your fiance.

You CANNOT access that office just by going to the border from the Canadian side. You have to formally leave Canada formally and re-enter to enter that office and speak with a CBSA officer.

Reactions: 21Goose

APSS112

Dec 18, 2020
Hello everyone,

I am wondering in your experience how much time takes the hole process after submitting the citizenship application during COVID ?

Thanks in advance