+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship Test and Interview

vishalvp81

Jul 24, 2012
hi

I will be going for Canadian Citizenship test by nov and looking to get some inforamation on that.

as per the letter received i come to know there will be test and then there will be interview with Citizenship officer. i just want to know how to prepare for the interview.

if any one have given citizenship test recently please let me know how to prepare for interview.

thanks

hungvangg

Mar 12, 2017
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bring all required docs and answer questions honestly. I will have a test on 11/28/2017 at Scarborough

vishalvp81

Jul 24, 2012
thanks for reply devilhimselff but here i am looking for information on Personal interview with citizenship officer. from few people i come to know there will be test only and some of them are saying there will be interview after test. i am little bit confused with this.

Rigly68

Apr 16, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thanks for reply devilhimselff but here i am looking for information on Personal interview with citizenship officer. from few people i come to know there will be test only and some of them are saying there will be interview after test. i am little bit confused with this.
There is always an interview after a passed test.

During the interview you might be asked about work and if there have been any changes or travels. They will verify your original documents and passport.

rrajendra

Star Member
Mar 10, 2017
hi

I will be going for Canadian Citizenship test by nov and looking to get some inforamation on that.

as per the letter received i come to know there will be test and then there will be interview with Citizenship officer. i just want to know how to prepare for the interview.

if any one have given citizenship test recently please let me know how to prepare for interview.

thanks
Here's a good thread:
https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/citizenship-interviews-tips-recent-experiencess-and-impressions.506310/

Ali797

Nov 2, 2017
My dad got canadian citizenship after 3 years I was born. I was born in a different country. I am 19 years old. How can I get Canadian citizenship, please guide me

JJ-C

May 17, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 2011
Doc's Request.
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Request
Nov 4, 2013
Med's Done....
Sept 2013
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Feb 21, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
Feb 25, 2014
LANDED..........
March 6, 2014
If you are less than 21 he could still sponsor you for PR.

There is no direct route to citizenship unless any of your parents was a citizen at the time of your birth.

Hope this helps? Goodluck

Last edited:

Bargeld

Sep 17, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-05-2011
AOR Received.
14-07-2011
File Transfer...
05-07-2011
Passport Req..
06-10-2011
VISA ISSUED...
20-10-2011
LANDED..........
20-10-2011
Get evidence that supports your residency claim if they want it. Make sure you have all the documentation they ask for on the invitation.

Pretty simple way to prepare. Questions they ask will be relevant to that.

devilhimselff

Champion Member
Jul 10, 2005
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Yep...
There is always an interview after a passed test.

During the interview you might be asked about work and if there have been any changes or travels. They will verify your original documents and passport.
Yup. Follow the letter received, if they need anything extra it will be there.

Stef.

Apr 5, 2017
Well that comes later. For test / interview follow letter.
Yes I agree, but in my friend's case it did NOT say anything about police certificate in the email. It would have been good for her to bring it to the interview. She could have known that she needed it. So what I am trying to say is, if you suspect something like this then better bring it to the interview.

NewUser2018

Jun 15, 2017
Sleep well night before, Dress well and dont use Fragrance.

Some people are turned away for fragrance or foul curry/garlic smell. I heard from previous posts on this website in the past 3 yrs following this website.

1.just read discover book once a day
2.just do online test once in 2/3 days
3.gather all documents PR Card, COPR, Drivers License, Passport if u have one.

REASON why u should gather documents one day ahead is you dont want scramble around that morning because last thing u want is being late or get their forgetting stuff and be devasted.

Mancity

Apr 7, 2017
i've successfully passed the test on October 12, 2017 @SCARBOROUGH and still no DM yet... whoever says that the test is easy, do not want to help you out... I haven't seen a trickyest test so far as the one i saw there... This is more language test than knowledge of Canada....Also the interviewer was so ruthless about any details....She even asked me some additionals docs that i did not carry with me that day... Afterwards she said to me to wait for the oath within the 12 months that i've applied (meaning from April 2017 to April 2018)...

Last edited: