+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Canadian Citizenship?...Really?...Oh My

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You made the comment about Australians being lucky; one such Australian was not so lucky.

I completely outlined that my friend was having an issue (as a Kaiser member I have access to an advice nurse for well...advice), not me, nor did I ask an advice nurse to make any prescription for my friend in my name. Perhaps you didn't read every word in my quote above, or just made assumptions. But, you did get that my friend is not covered under my insurance plan, but then never did I state that. Benadryl at a pharmacy? There ya go, I should have called you. *rolls eyes* I think what we were looking for was not to self-medicate and get something that was a little more...shall I write, robust?
When I said Australians and Canadians were lucky it was pretty clear that I was talking about Australians who qualify for healthcare in their own country and Canadians who qualify for healthcare in Canada. The Australian was still lucky because an ER bill in the US, had she been an Australian visiting the US, would have been significantly higher.

Having dealt with US insurance companies you struggle to get things covered or get advice when you are on the actual policy so calling in a prescription for a friend of a policy holder is not a common practice. Actually know enough to suggest diphenhydramine (benadryl) would be the appropriate 1st line therapy followed by non-drowsy loratidine, certrizine, desloratidine, etc. Would suggest going to the pharmacy next time. Pharmacist will be able to advise you much better than a nurse hotline.

Wyfarer

Jul 19, 2018
Prednisone won out that day! Don't think we could have just walked into a pharmacy to get that.